1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this photo over on the SIG forum and knew it needed to be displayed here too:

You can't make this stuff up.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I believe that is one of those new guns that flips the rounds around once they are inside. Otherwise how do you explain all the empty cases.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Clearly a staged photo - no idea why the ammunition belt is stuck in backwards. It looks like a Fam fire event, with recruits, and the "gunner" looks like a boot. The ammo is 7.62 NATO, and the gun is a M240. Most likely a "selfie" event. This photo has been around for a while, I think I first saw this several years ago....

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Probably staged by the photographer who did not know which part of the cartridge actually came out the front end of the gun. There is a lot of that going around as many people pride themselves on their lack of gun knowledge.

This reminds me of a story on the TV News several years ago. An older man not a gun owner ,had found two or three empty rifle cartridge cases in his garage and wondered where they came . The news reporter noted that there was a rifle range a mile or so away and wondered if they came from there. Obviously from the muzzle of a rifle or from a gun with a powerful ejector. Why that story ever got news time I will never know.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I'm willing to bet the shooter isn't a day over 16 years old, clearly a photo taken for posterity.
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm willing to bet the shooter isn't a day over 16 years old, clearly a photo taken for posterity.
CaptMax
Maybe. Maybe not.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Maybe. Maybe not.

I believe that is a California/New York compliant loaded magazine. It is done that way so that no unauthorized person will load the magazine in the pistol and possibly hurt themselves or others. If the weapon is needed for self defense the owner need only remove the magazine , remove the cartridges and reload them properly in the magazine. This will give the individual time to think about the situation before actually using the weapon. It also insures that the person does not have time to load an illegal number of rounds in the magazine as that would be bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts