1919 A4 Forums banner

07/02 Post sample question. Info on CETME

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  corpsegrinder88 
#1 ·
Ok who has done one of these? taking a semi cetme and a parts kit and made a post sample? I just got a great deal on a CETME semi and had a parts kit on the shelf for special occasion. looking at the parts only thing that doesnt fit is the trigger housing because of the front pin but looking at the semi it looks like they just cut that off and put a denial bar in the semi housing itself. also do you just register the trigger pack? seems like that could be the legit thing since the FA bolt setup slides right in.

Yes before anyone gets all huffy i am an 07/02. but ive been wanting to do one of these just never had a chance till now. if you have done one and want to reply here or PM that will be helpful before i figure it out but trial and error lol.

Rory. Lets get that NFA section going!! i will help maintain if that is needed.

#2 ·
Look at HK type trigger housings adapted to the shelf type receivers. Much simpler and quick to swap into and out of the gun. My model C is a wonderfully soft shooting MG in 308. Made me look into locking pieces for the G3 and with a bit of fiddling its a wonderful shooter now too. Slow down the action and it will quit banging on your shoulder.

Frank

#4 ·
Changing the roller size won't really affect the speed like you're thinking. The guns have a rate that is pretty much set up by the operating system and you can change it slightly with springs and buffers but not by much.

Changing the locking piece will reduce hammering and beating of things or make it run when it doesn't have quite enough poop to function. Unfortunately the HK locking pieces won't fit the CETME and there isn't a wide range of locking piece angles for the CETMEs. You might try looking for Holescreek over on the militaryfirearms, here is a link to one of his posts. He has made up some special angle locking pieces for suppressor use and a few other things. A sharper angle like 45 deg will decrease the bolt speed and help reduce excessive hammering. A wider angle like 55 deg will reduce the energy needed make a gun that won't quite run function properly. The standard angle on the CETME C is 50 deg.

My CETME is running the stock locking piece and is just the luck of the draw. It had the original barrel and for all I know was the set of parts from one rifle rather than mixed stuff. I helped a friend build one and it wasn't as soft shooting but was still good. If your rifle works ok than don't worry about the cyclic rate. It is what it is. Function is more important. If you plan on running a suppressor than you will need a different locking piece. Running a can with the standard LP will beat the crap out of your gun. Holescreek made some 37 deg LP's for suppressor use. The one I got from him works great but it is marginal without the suppressor, which is perfect.

Hope something there helps and keep us posted on your progress.

Frank

#5 ·
Frank. Thank you for the detailed post. Not many take the time to actually explain something. I appreciate that. I got it running 100% reliable. Decided to order the hk g3 semi pack made for the cetme builds from Apex and then i just machined a notch into the denial block on semi trigger housing and machined the auto pack to fit.. pretty straight forward. Now to tune it using your advice but won't be surpressing it. would like to mess with the gas system. That right there is a basic design lol. Aluminum tube with a hole.. but it runs good now. Just got my laser engraver in Friday. Have to un crate it and get to burning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.