1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking for an adapter for mounting an 08 on a Finnish tripod for a while I decided to purchase one of the Chinese water jackets from Apex and see if I could use the mounting lug. Turns out it works pretty well! The Chinese bands with the mounting bracket are riveted in place but can be pulled off with some care. Mounting lugs can be cut off and cleaned up fairly easy. Fabricated a new 2 piece band, spacer and welded it up. I'm hoping to have a rear mounting bracket on the way in the not so distant future to complete it. Until then I've already started to pull the tripod apart to refinish.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Looking good Dave and it sure beats digging holes in the back yard lol the next time I stop by I will certainly ask first "hey what are you working on tonight?" if it is gun stuff I will be by and hopefully the deck will be done so we can enjoy a beer.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - wasnt planning on digging those holes turning into that big a project. Still cant hold my bow from that damn auger twisting my wrist! Thanks again Russ - Jenn would have had a hard time of it!

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Who are you kidding she outworked us both! You have a great gal Dave so work hard to keep her and you know I am always there to help a friend.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Outdoordave, that is one sexy piece of steel. It makes for a beautiful picture too. Thanks for posting & sharing it.
CaptMax

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
As with all your projects that’s going to look incredible when completed! Hope you have a pickelhaube to go with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts