1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kind of new to the world of inert ordnance, ive only been collecting for maybe a year or so...so I dont have all that much knowledge of some of these larger rounds...Not sure whats collectable and whats not. I am in the market for a 155mm or a 203mm...but I cant decide which one I should get for my collection. In particular im interested in a 155mm "which was used in Desert Storm" and a 203mm 8in round "that was used in ww2".
Both of these rounds are pretty cool..Any opinions or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know how much they weigh and Im able to pick them up...just cant decide which one would be worth investing in..lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was at Ft. Benning in 1973. We were in an area that was evidently once an impact area during WWII but was then used for infantry training. We were always tripping over 155 rounds sticking out of the ground in the low areas. EOD would come out and move them to demolition pits which they had scattered over the area. Some of these pits would have a dozen or so rounds, most without fuses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts