1919 A4 Forums banner

17 Remington with a 24” in a AR configuration?

583 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  pdembek 
#1 ·
I am looking at converting an AR upper into a 17 Remington. Problem is, I would like to do this configuration to use a 24” barrel. Is there such a complete upper that exists? If not, I am planning on just buying a barrel.

Is there anyone who sells a complete 17 Remington AR design upper in a 24” barrel?

If not, where might I acquire a barrel for this build?

To keep on topic with 1919s, I am keeping my fingers crossed a shoot still happens and I am planning on being at the spring event at KCR this spring to meet with the group. Havent been at one of our meets in some time due to life changes.

#2 ·
Olympic made some off the wall stuff but I think they went under unless they got bought.
Did find this
What Are the AR-15 Cartridge Choices:
I know there are many others not listed. I think these were the popular when this article was writen.

Sounds like this could get spendy...the 224 valkyrie seems like the new kid on the block and may stick around for a while.....its anyones guess @ the current time.

Reactions: GunGrinner
#3 ·
I Googled .17 Remington AR15 and there were several places that popped up. A listing for Dtech came up stating they have complete uppers available in .17 Remington. I didn't look to see if they have a 24 inch available. Midway sells a 24" Shilen stainless barrel in .17 Remington with a matching bolt for $469.99. The parts are obviously out there if you look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.