1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I am somewhat surprised that a guy in California is going to advertise (with photo) and sell it with a 250 round belt (considered high capacity magazine). I hope he is grandfathered in on the belt or has a high capacity license.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I am somewhat surprised that a guy in California is going to advertise (with photo) and sell it with a 250 round belt (considered high capacity magazine). I hope he is grandfathered in on the belt or has a high capacity license.
The great state of California doesn't care about any "high capacity magazines" LEAVING the state, just the ones coming in to it now or the ones already here moving around within the state. I'm sure there would be no issue at all as long as he doesn't ship it to another state that bans them, and even then Cali probably wouldn't care - it would be the other state's problem. And as long as you pay cash for one and don't leave a paper / email trail, and the magazine is not dated (like many AR magazines are these days) there is virtually no way the state can prove it was not a grandfathered magazine (belt) (unless it was made by a company that did not make them / make that model / type before the ban like a Magpul AR magazine).

But you are right - if he sells the weapon in Cali, the belt can't legally go with the weapon unless he cuts it up in strips that hold 10 rounds or less.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The great state of California doesn't care about any "high capacity magazines" LEAVING the state, just the ones coming in to it now or the ones already here moving around within the state. I'm sure there would be no issue at all as long as he doesn't ship it to another state that bans them, and even then Cali probably wouldn't care - it would be the other state's problem. And as long as you pay cash for one and don't leave a paper / email trail, and the magazine is not dated (like many AR magazines are these days) there is virtually no way the state can prove it was not a grandfathered magazine (belt) (unless it was made by a company that did not make them / make that model / type before the ban like a Magpul AR magazine).

But you are right - if he sells the weapon in Cali, the belt can't legally go with the weapon unless he cuts it up in strips that hold 10 rounds or less. I would assume (but would verify before sending) that would apply to the other states that have hi-cap limits as well.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Yes this is Craigs Maxim, he polished several of the Maxim mounts himself.
I think they look great all done up like that. I think IMA did the engraving.
CaptMax
Ps. Yes, that is a quad MG42 you see in the background. :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
I wish someone would repro the leg sets and the site brackets and when they are done with that how about the lock boxes.
I need all three.
Aaron

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Would anyone who gives a **** about California's laws please step forward!
I do.

My point is this if I have to spell it out.

A seller posts a picture on the Internet auction site showing a number guns (some are dummy guns, others may or may not be) and he is located in California. He also shows a belt (high capacity magazine) in the picture (improper possession is a felony).

Am I paranoid or could that be an invitation to have law enforcement check you out? Keep in mind also selling and shipping a dummy gun in or out of California is more problematic then selling a firearm in many cases. Don't believe me, Check out the California DOJ website regulations on dummy/replica guns.

I clearly understand that this is not an issue in many states. My point was showing a high capacity magazine in an auction ad was a risk to the seller, not to the potential buyer unless the prospective buyer also lived in California.

Of course, maybe nobody cares. Let me ask some of the guys in NY.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts