1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next rediscovery, most of a 1910 maxim kit and some extra parts. I would like to sell or trade off the extra parts and complete this mix master kit. I will be keeping the snow cap jacket, one of the spring covers, the top cover, and the lock spigot without the weld on it. Once I switch out the spigot, the welded one and the scraps will be available. The dovetails will go too. I guess I will just post the pics and then list what I need values on!

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, values needed on the dovetails, the fusee covers(so I can decide which I keep), the welded on lock spigot with the scrap part of the recoil plate, the cartridge holder spring for the jacket, the fluted water jacket.... and the fusee connector assembly and the crank are German maxim, but I need Russian parts for my kit.... so I guess value on them too. Lastly, what the heck is that big washer thing?

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Can’t help with prices but if you decide to sell the brass fusee cover I am interested.
Thanks, CaptMax

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'd throw down 60 shipped on the cartridge holder, welded spigot, and cut chunk of trigger bar. What rusky parts do you need?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Midwestmetal, the russky parts I am in need of are: barrel, chicken plate, front mount pin, fusee toggle, and crank. My recoil plates are recovered from a welded dummy, I’m pretty sure I can salvage them, but I would take a set of them too if the deal was right! We can work something out on the parts you want, PM me

captmax and barrelexchange, when we determine a value, you guys are given first right of refusal in order of your posts. Sound fair enough?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I do not want to participate in an online auction, I will tell you what I am interested in once you post items and prices.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I might have a spare fusee and handle, will have to dig,, but unfamiliar what you are referring to as the chicken plate.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The chicken plate is the shield for the mount...
Redroth, this is not an online auction. As I said, I need ideas of value. I can not control the fact that others have made offers. Clearly, that is not what I asked for. But, it does help me determine what the market is for said parts. If you have any actual value ranges for the items I asked about, I would love to hear them. PM them if you feel that any input would turn this into an auction

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
The chicken plate is the shield for the mount...
Redroth, this is not an online auction. As I said, I need ideas of value. I can not control the fact that others have made offers. Clearly, that is not what I asked for. But, it does help me determine what the market is for said parts. If you have any actual value ranges for the items I asked about, I would love to hear them. PM them if you feel that any input would turn this into an auction
I am sorry, I am old and got confused. I know Vickers prices but I do not know Maxim prices well enough to comment. I will defer to others and when I see your WTS post I will respond.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Midwestmetal, the russky parts I am in need of are: barrel, chicken plate, front mount pin, fusee toggle, and crank. My recoil plates are recovered from a welded dummy, I’m pretty sure I can salvage them, but I would take a set of them too if the deal was right! We can work something out on the parts you want, PM me

captmax and barrelexchange, when we determine a value, you guys are given first right of refusal in order of your posts. Sound fair enough?
Sounds fair. Troy, you should know better than that. Karma, remember the karma. ;)
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Per my todays post, I need the front toggle link with the shaft to mount the lock on. I see a loose one in your parts pile.???

As this site never notifies me, heckinohioATgmail.com

PJH

·
Registered
775 Posts
Id be interested in the "GREEN FUSEE"cover once a price is decided
There’s one on eBay right now, along with some other parts, but the bids on some are, in my opinion, approaching the point of crazy, and most of the others aren’t far behind. On the other hand, I have seen things sell for stupid crazy prices that draw other people to put the same part up for sale and it can go for a lot less.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
There’s one on eBay right now, along with some other parts, but the bids on some are, in my opinion, approaching the point of crazy, and most of the others aren’t far behind. On the other hand, I have seen things sell for stupid crazy prices that draw other people to put the same part up for sale and it can go for a lot less.
Yes Bob ,I seen that. I put a WTB a few times on hear for some parts to complete a kit i started but no one replied with a part they had to offer. Ran a WTB off and on for the last 3yrs with no replies . Just 5yrs ago these parts were every where with fairly reasonable prices. But just like very thing else things have dried up and no one want's to let anything go. Most of us hear live in the past remembering what was. Now its what is. and folks like us call it Crazy Prices. Yes I agree They are. Use to buy Locks for the Maxims for $25 & 40 Dollars That"s what was, Now what is is $300 to $400. Yes Carzy. But what do you do when you want something and have to bid for it now. Eventulay the little guy will no longer be able to afford the simplest parts to keep His Girls going. Randy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts