1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhere in the hills of Afghanistan. Mike Dukes projects have gone out of control.
well I liked the scope mount and optics so much, I thought it needed a shoulder stock. Now with a solid cheekweld and shoulder support, I can snuggle up right into this behemoth. I’m sending 24 rounds of 198gr 8mm Lebel at 2400FPS into a 12”x12”plate at 320yds. You can shoot full auto and watch all the rounds impact the target and not loose the sight picture. No scope bounce, no jumping of the gun. I was told 20 years ago “The 1914 Hotchkiss is the Cadillac of all machineguns.” This has been completely true.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Thats pretty cool. I think you need to do a clinic on long distance FA target shooting. 1000 yard MGs shooting! It would be really cool to throw that up in the face of the target shooters.

Sorry man, even if you had dressed the part, there is no Goat for love in the background. :)

320 yards... thats 120 more than I ever shoot. I will say my MG08 gets a bit boring with the ZF12 scope at 200 yards... once you are on target... it will just blast the crap out of forever.

We really need some good steel targets for MGs. Targets that would be harder with semi autos.

·
11,444 Posts
such sweet looking guns for sure
if only they were in a more common cal

well then theyd be a billion times more expensive

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Richard, good picture. I’ve never seen that one.
Thanks, I ran across that while looking for pictures of the 1909 Hotchkiss Portative.
I thought it an unusual picture so saved it.
Mausers, a BAR and a scoped Hotchkiss.
I wish there had been an explanation of this scene.
Even the Soldiers appear to be a bit of a mix.

Richard

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
You can have fun with steel targets and an MG, but .....I was shooting at a hanging Target at a small local shoot a couple years ago with my MG-34 Mounted on the Laffette mount. Once on target, long bursts just pushed to entire target and frame over. A lot of targets can't take a long burst- breaks chains, tears up frames etc. That is fun too, but hard on targets.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Awesome! I've always thought that the 1914 Hotchkiss looked like a steampunk laser cannon from Star Wars or something. Now you've created a steampunk SNIPER laser cannon!

That's going to be awesome for shooting dynamite and airplanes at the 'Sandy!

Nice work Mike, it looks great!

·
BeltFed GURU
4,321 Posts
Push and shoving match for next to get behind the gun , winner "Where ,Where ,which house ?!!!"
Mon Du you idiota that is a cross dressing bouch officer getting ready to take a bath He He He lets just let him settle in and i will "Pop" him in the tub !!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well Mike, you've really done it this time. Once you start loading for the 8x50mm, there is no turning back. Regards, JH

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
So you seem to be on the path of add builds so I have to ask, what is next on the hit list? Of course nothing would surprise me at this point Mike

·
Registered
470 Posts
That’s, too cool. I’ve almost bought a hotchkiss like that 3 times. Is ammo there plentiful?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts