1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has gotten a water-cooled version of the 1917, it had a crest on the water jacket that may be Belgian or Swedish... it does look a lot like pics of a Swedish M38 Water-cooled gun. We are looking for info for building this up as a Semi and better info for Identifying it... any suggestions?
Some of the known things are ---
--- Different bottom plate... sort of like what I saw as a 1928 style bottom plate I see at Ohio Ordnance, but does NOT have the hole for mounting the rear T&E pin AND a cut out on one side of the bottom plate instead of both sides. Also the rivets are on the bottom outside of the bottom plate and the rivet spacing is different than a 1919 and the rivet heads are smaller and the cam hole is a large one size instead of a smaller stepped hole
--- The Left plate has MILLED SECTION in the rear of the plate, mid-way up for something to be mounted there...possibly a sight
--- The Brass Trunion is longer in front of the receiver box than a 1917...as in the Swedish M36 pics
--- The Jacket is all steel including the front of the jacket
--- The Fill Plug and Steam Tube fitting is the same as what is seem on the Swedish M36, they are in the brass instead of the water-jacket
Please if anyone could help... I have a few pics, but as of yet I have not been able to ad pics to any forum, but I can send what I have and eventually get others that may be needed from the owner

Walt

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Send some pics to me, will send PM with my address, I have a Swedish M36 that I have been slowly putting together the parts for maybe I can post pics and help ID it

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish I could do pics here, but I have never figured out how to do it...maybe the gentleman that I sent the pics to knows more about getting pics can add them

Walt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts