1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up a water cooled dummy for a customer, with an ohioblacksheep bronze, mil spec jacket. Yes, this was an expensive dummy gun! But it fits the customer's needs. Thought I'd let y'all see how it came out, parkerized and assembled. Only thing I have yet to do is make up a short barrel stub to protrude through the muzzle gland, but that will get done as soon as I can get some lathe time. Meanwhile, here she is.

Reactions: CaptMax

·
Registered
310 Posts
Lucky,

Very nice! I am assuming it has a thick RSP and a dummy bolt. Just as much work or more than a areal gun I would imagine.

Junking

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
For a few bucks more they could have a semi....

Is this a Museum Display or ?? Something that Must be Inert/

Either way

7c9e0b0b30e1fe5a50f48bbb50589bfa.jpg

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I wish you would quit showing us your finished products in water cooled models. I am having a lot of trouble avoiding buying one! :D

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Rollin, You could have just posted pictures with nothing else and I would have know who did this.
Your work speaks for itself. I must be getting old when I can recognize that.:D
It's beautiful as are all your builds. Like others have said you make it difficult for us to avoid purchasing a Browning from you!!!
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't get a look back at this til just now. I appreciate everyone's comments. What can I say, my dummy guns get built just like my live guns, all steel, real riveted assembly, all the same care and detailing. And yes, they are just as much work as a live gun, in some ways even more. There are custom pieces I have to make for these, namely a trigger mounting and the dummy bolt piece. Now to answer a couple of questions.

The RSP is a custom made dummy plate, 1/2" thick, and there are no internal components inside. ATF always tells me I can't do that, though I know there are other dummy builders out there who say they have approval letters for theirs. I was told not to submit a dummy for a letter, they don't want to bother. This one does have a sliding, sprung block for the "bolt" but it's just 3/8" thick with a frame channel to run in. It was sort of a development model for that feature, and it works well enough for now. You can pull it back, let go and it goes forward with a "clang."

The customer is private, not a museum, although I do have 4-5 museums with my work in them now, some dummies and some live semis. Just got a very nice review from one museum customer on a 1919A6 I did for them, and am doing a live 1917A1 next and then an A4 after. I am honored to have gotten introductions to these customers, from good friends in the hobby or industry.

I have had several components made specifically for the dummy line, so I don't have to waste good bottom plates, trunnions, side plates, etc. So this will be an ongoing part of my business, so long as I have customers wanting them. Now if anyone knows of someone looking for a 1919A4 dummy gun, I have one finished and on the shelf, ready to ship, at $1,600 plus shipping.

Reactions: toolmanm203

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Lucky you have outdone yourself as usual my friend :thumbup: can't wait to see what's next.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts