Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the current value of a NOS hose and canvas cover for a 1917A1? Thanks

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I was offered one recently and was not sure of the value. Canvas was the earlier khaki color. No makers mark or date.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
For what it's worth I think that one that sold for only $65 was an anomaly. I had that in my watch list and was surprised that there was only one bid/bidder.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Earlier WW1 set could bring $100,as the canvas has different hang straps.
I've got a couple of the canvas sets. I've wondered about the different hooks/hangers on the back. Pray tell, what's the difference.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Straps,hooks,hangers,clips...there were different ones and various changes. The early WW1 'steam hose condenser bag' was a lighter tan colored canvas item with sewn leather straps. Apparently the colors ran several different types but were all printed on the front. I cannot recall exactly...look in Segel's book for the correct straps,etc.

·
Registered
946 Posts
C59762 Standard Case. hooks go to the sides

C59898 Pack horse. Hooks go up. (Part # on mine is different. I don't buy the horse ones so don't have any other examples. Probably just a more current late war number.

RIA 1917 marked. Only one I've seen. Someone has removed all the straps. The metal loops are not correct.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
C59762 Standard Case. hooks go to the sides

C59898 Pack horse. Hooks go up. (Part # on mine is different. I don't buy the horse ones so don't have any other examples. Probably just a more current late war number.

RIA 1917 marked. Only one I've seen. Someone has removed all the straps. The metal loops are not correct.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Thanks much, the example I was offered is like the one in your first photo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts