1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After attending Memorial Day services at both the American Legion and VFW and breakfast afterward I asked the post commander if the veterans would mind having a watercooled Browning on the trailer with them - he said not at all and that they'd probably remember how to shoot it! With my wifes' help we made it home and back in plenty of time before they left for the parade. They all seemed to like having it close by.

Attachments

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
That totally rocks, Dave. Good on ya!

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Great job Dave I bet the guys really enjoyed that and appreciated the effort on your end. Don't see to many real ones in parades anymore but I am doing one in July with the boys back home and have a very special surprise that they will not be ready for :D I am sure you will see it on the news and am shocked yours did not make it the way things are going.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
That's great you got to participate in an event that way. In Portland, they would probably stop you every 100 feet to issue tickets for no seat belts.:tongue:

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Yes what a great idea Dave, bet the veterans enjoyed riding along with that too.
I would almost bet it was also the most stable thing riding on the trailer. :rofl:
No disrespect for any veterans, I love each and every one of them!!! :thumbup:
CaptMax

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Wow it's really neat you could do that. And thanks for supporting the vets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts