1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 1917A1 rear sight so i can duplicate it..Or a set of prints...Please help...:)

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Ricki-

I am already in process of reproducing the 1917A1 ladder and other related parts. It is not going to be ready before end of summer and I can't promise it for sure by then, but soon after at most. Sorry I can't lend out an original, and I do not know if anyone has drawings. Mine will be exact in every detail and equal to or better than the original. If you want to make your own, I wish you the best. These things are totally cool!

-Rollin

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lucky#13..I do not wish to compete with you or anyone else..My only wish is to build an original 1917A1..The VA hopes to restore some of my use of my right arm.I am on heavy doses of morphine..My only wish is to build a 1917A1..I have the skills and machines but no prints..I want to build an original 1917A1..Any help would be appreciated..THANKYOU..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ricki,

Did you ever consider trying to contact Colt ?
Or maybe via the Freedom Of Information Act. I know the Army FOIA allowed a gentleman to publish a book with the M1 Garand blueprints.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
RICKI-

I'd love to be of help. I do not have drawings or know who might. My machinist has my original and I will not see it back for a while. My guess is that you want to make your own rather than buy a repro. If so, then I should be happy to help when I am in a position to do so. Sure, I am sensitive to competition at this point, and I know I have some already, but I am not worried about you. Since you are a Veteran and have already done much to serve us all, I am more than willing to be of service in return. Keep in touch with me via e-mail at [email protected] and let's see what we can do. :)

-Rollin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts