1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
The ammo goes off in any gun you fire it in, not a dud yet, in bolt or beltfed, so why would it be the primer? It just blows up in the beltfeds. I dont have any non functioning rnds.

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
That's just plain weird.

·
Registered
169 Posts
041x said:
Would you guys ever use 50's yogo 8mm ammo. I looks like it is dirty cheap. If this ammo tends to fail alot let me know since I have no problem spending the extra $$$$ in order to have a safe day. I read about alot of ammo problems lately, kind of makes me not even want to shoot my 1919 when its done. Thanks
Heck, send it to me for test firing 041x - I'll fire it back to you when it needs cleaned:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brass in body parts....

Seems to me that there was a pic on this board a couple years ago showing a baffle that mounted on the bottom side of the gun so that in the event of a KB, all the shrapnel will be directed in any direction BUT backward towards you.

In short, the baffle is comprised of 3 pieces. One, of course, is the baffle that acts like a baseball catcher's chin-guard. Tha other 2 pieces are milled brackets that slip over the front part of the bottom plate to hold the baffle. It's all welded together.

I have a pic of it that I will try find and post when I get home tonite. I doubt that the pic is still available on the new board.

Roger
Central Ohio

·
Registered
81 Posts
That baffle sounds like a worthwile addition to my setup!

I think I'll fabricate one that attaches to my tripod.

Thanks for the idea.

Balming

·
Master Window Licker
2,853 Posts
Another way to save on top covers is to mill or lathe a "cross" or t in the top cover right above the trunion. When you do get a kaboom all the gas and power goes threw the hole and saves the top cover. Works like a charm..

Other then that i will not shoot off of my AA tripod, or close to the ground on concrete. That hurt!

·
Premium Member
6,504 Posts
I'm gonna develop a Kevlar diaper with a titanium athletic cup :).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Lobo
Sounds kinda kinky to me.

I looked on my hard drives last nite and couldn't find the pic. I'm sure someone on this board remembers the deflector and has a pic of it.

Balming
It GOES ON THE GUN, not the tripod. I would not take a chance with my wellbeing and put it on the pod. There would be enough gap between the gun and baffle that you would likely get a good blast of gases. And you really don't know where those gases will take brass shards....

loboslanding said:
I'm gonna develop a Kevlar diaper with a titanium athletic cup :).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts