1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the creek, I needed all the internals for a 1919 that came up missing from a local shop. I found all the parts for the internals (Minus the extractor) for $165. Stripped bolt, extension, and frame for $25 ea brand new, all the bolt parts for $65 and when I called Tom K up for the semi's they were in stock, ready to ship that day.

A LOT better than a yr ago trying to hunt down these once dirt cheap parts that would have cost $450 back then. (or $75 5 yrs ago)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeppers, The whole wooden crate filled with new stripped bolts for $25 WAY cheaper than I was seeing out there. Gotta love KnobCreek.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
And let's see, how much do you have in travel costs to KCR? The prices for the major internal parts are good if you can get there. Try checking the price from the same vendor if you can't go to the Creek and have to order from online or by phone. For those of us who spend the time and travel- costs which vary depending on where you come from- a $25 bolt costs a lot more than $25!!!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was just speaking to my father in law about this. I think it is funny that I can purchase a bolt for the 1919 for about $75, but a bolt for my M14 build is about $300 for a USGI one. Im good with that. I really enjoyed the build. Im gathering up parts for another. This time it will be a legit 1919A6 with the correct type of barrel, booster, etc.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,239 Posts
I was just speaking to my father in law about this. I think it is funny that I can purchase a bolt for the 1919 for about $75, but a bolt for my M14 build is about $300 for a USGI one. Im good with that. I really enjoyed the build. Im gathering up parts for another. This time it will be a legit 1919A6 with the correct type of barrel, booster, etc.
Yep, I've spent a few bucks on some USGI M14 bolts in the last year or two. Have three more LRB receivers and sets of parts (missing this and that) which will eventually become complete guns. Just no time right now. Still hunting for a nice TRW barrel that is no more than an arm or a leg. Willing to give up one, just not both! :jedicrying:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yep, I've spent a few bucks on some USGI M14 bolts in the last year or two. Have three more LRB receivers and sets of parts (missing this and that) which will eventually become complete guns. Just no time right now. Still hunting for a nice TRW barrel that is no more than an arm or a leg. Willing to give up one, just not both! :jedicrying:
Im in the same spot. I have one LRB receiver, and a JRA waiting for a build. As well as a POF 308 lower, Bushmaster 556 lower, 1919A6 etc etc etc. My first M14 build was a all TRW LRB. It was my favorite until I finished the Browning.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And let's see, how much do you have in travel costs to KCR? The prices for the major internal parts are good if you can get there. Try checking the price from the same vendor if you can't go to the Creek and have to order from online or by phone. For those of us who spend the time and travel- costs which vary depending on where you come from- a $25 bolt costs a lot more than $25!!!!
Well. with me going to visit friends and then to visit family back in NY I would say Knob Creek was a free trip for me. Other than restricted states there were a lot of people that asked for things to be bought and shipped. Then it was only $6 more for a flat rate box for them, Still pretty cheap when you have builders helping builders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts