1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start off by saying I'm new to the forum but have been led here many times during my research while building My izzy 7.62 1919a4
I'm looking for advice on parts of the 1919 are common wear or weak parts that I should have extras of to keep this thing running?
Also I have a Linker and about 1800 izzy links but I'm always looking for good deals on more links.

I've attached a photo of my build after function testing before I parkerized it.

·
Premium Member
2,552 Posts
The first thing that will break is your bank account - buying ammo and accessories ... and of course you can't have just one.

If you're going to shoot it a lot with links, get (or make) a Trunnion protector to save wear and tear. The forward prongs on the Lock box will fail, particularly when machined thinner for the denial island - cast more easily than forged. Next would probably be the Accelerator, but we're talking heavy use here. MSG

·
Registered
442 Posts
I believe that Sarco has a "spare pack" they sell with small springs and such for the 1919. I'm 10K+ rounds into my 1919a4 and have gone through two barrels and a few sears (before I drilled out the barrel extension for it) but not much else. These things are pretty tough. Perhaps a spare firing pin and a few springs and things. That's generally it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up I'll grab a extra Lock frame and accelerator. I already have the trunnion protector. extra barrel, extra assembled bolt. I've been amassing .308/ 7.62 ammo before the virus/ riots started. approx 3k in .308 (1500 linked up already) so far but always searching for deals as I hate paying inflated prices due to the shortage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe that Sarco has a "spare pack" they sell with small springs and such for the 1919. I'm 10K+ rounds into my 1919a4 and have gone through two barrels and a few sears (before I drilled out the barrel extension for it) but not much else. These things are pretty tough. Perhaps a spare firing pin and a few springs and things. That's generally it.
Ill check and see if they still have that pack.

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Springs are critical and if they do not have them reach out to me other than that just get ammo, more ammo and then a little more ammo but hide it from the wife because ammo as high as it is these days is still cheaper than a divorce.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Grab a copmlete extra extractor or two when you can. Don't take up a lot of space and good to have 2. Can help diagnose problems sometimes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grab a copmlete extra extractor or two when you can. Don't take up a lot of space and good to have 2. Can help diagnose problems sometimes.
I havent been able to find a 7.62 extractor online but I've seen plenty of USGI .30 cal ones. Will the 30-06 extractors work for 7.62?

·
Premium Member
5,353 Posts
Same extractor does both calibers the Israeli's never modified the extractors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts