1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Receiver box is done, parked and ready for internals. Send photos to J last night and through the day as I made progress.

The wells plate had all the hoels drilled and in the correct location. Bottom plate holes were countersunk. Plate needed deburred.

The plate was slightly undersized in thickness and across the bottom. I wouldn't stock these, but I'm spoiled with having previously used only T&S and Halo plates.

All that being said, its together, it went relatively quickly, no more or less work than other plates I've used. I'm sure it'll run fine once I machine the internals today.
Now that's service! Drop it off yesterday, and probably have it running tonight! I think you've made the right decision............

Matt

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Receiver box is done, parked and ready for internals. Send photos to J last night and through the day as I made progress.

The wells plate had all the hoels drilled and in the correct location. Bottom plate holes were countersunk. Plate needed deburred.

The plate was slightly undersized in thickness and across the bottom. I wouldn't stock these, but I'm spoiled with having previously used only T&S and Halo plates.

All that being said, its together, it went relatively quickly, no more or less work than other plates I've used. I'm sure it'll run fine once I machine the internals today.
I am giddy as you wouldn't believe, Greaser's been texting me pics of that beast coming together, I am glad the RSP worked out ok as well with this being my first one. If you are in Ohio I would recommend him, I cannot wait to pic it up

Discussion starter · #23 ·
On that Wells plate, don't be too nervous. Let Greaser check it out. Depending on when it was made, you will hopefully be fine. I hear they had sporadic quality control issues. I came across one by accident and decided to use it on an "economy build" just to satisfy my curiosity. Suppose I was lucky. Everything lined up good, none of the warpage you hear about, and have many, many rounds down range without issue.

View attachment 14561

Matt
Your right, I think it came out ok on this. I will do my research for the future builds!

I am giddy as you wouldn't believe, Greaser's been texting me pics of that beast coming together, I am glad the RSP worked out ok as well with this being my first one. If you are in Ohio I would recommend him, I cannot wait to pic it up
I knew Chris was do a great job for you he is a stand up guy :D Just don't forget the pictures and range report. I am glad the plate worked out well also you may be one of the lucky ones with those.

Discussion starter · #25 ·

So, the nocturnal environment that is now Ohio, caused a bit of a delay getting some good pics of the 1919 Greaser built for me last month. Couple that with me actually having to do some work (at work) and thats a recipe for disaster. So here she is... Greaser did a fantastic job, kept me updated with texts and was done in one week, even though he was waiting and received a wrong bit. I went with a cheapie tripod from Sarco (which really isn't bad at all, I am not concerned with period correct items)

Thank you to everyone who helped me out on this and Greaser for the excellent work!

JRD it looks like it turned out beautiful welcome to the club now all you have to do is start buying ammo :D lots of it! Don't forget the range report.

It's great to have another builder of quality available to the forum here. Greaser is top notch, a tremendous asset to the community as well as a good friend. Congrats on the new addition to your family, JRD, and hat's off to the builder for his fine work.

Looks great! Now all that's left is to chop a hole in the roof of one of those vehicles and install a ring turret. Fill the back of the truck with ammo for ballast. ;)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.