1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the DLO 1919 out shooting today for the first time in 8mm and it ran like a champ. Set the barrel at 2 clicks past lock up and ran great on Romanian 8mm. Shot thru 1400 rounds with a few stopages for crossed up links binding on the way out. I will post some videos tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOlNMlGocZs

Scott

·
Registered
312 Posts
Scott Cousino said:
Took the DLO 1919 out shooting today for the first time in 8mm and it ran like a champ. Set the barrel at 2 clicks past lock up and ran great on Romanian 8mm. Shot thru 1400 rounds with a few stopages for crossed up links binding on the way out. I will post some videos tomorrow.

Scott
I had my DLO built in 308 and after adjusting headspace and timing it runs like a sewing machine. I use cloth belts.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Scott, any "secret" tricks in getting it to run that well? Are you using a .308 top cover or a 30.06 top cover? What bolt are you using? .308 or 30.06? Did you have to shim the spring in the top cover to apply enough downward pressure to reliably feed the links? Lastly, is you feed pawl serrated or smooth (m37)?
Steve

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Steve S said:
Scott, any "secret" tricks in getting it to run that well?

Are you using a .308 top cover or a 30.06 top cover? 30.06 top cover

What bolt are you using? .308 or 30.06?.308 Bolt

Did you have to shim the spring in the top cover to apply enough downward pressure to reliably feed the links?Stock Cover, no shims

Lastly, is you feed pawl serrated or smooth (m37)?Serated feed pawl 30.06
Steve
My answers above in RED

I run Izzy .308 Links bottomed out on the neck of the 8mm, My topcover is a USGI 30.06 cover so I have to run the links single end first (backwards) or it will not advance. Full length barrel with 8mm booster. I lube the entire bolt and rails about every 200 rounds, keep it nice and oily (Synthetic Mobil 5w-30 in a spray bottle)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Thanks Scott. Waiting to get my pre-May back form being rebuilt. Plan on running it in 8mm primarily. Steve

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve S said:
Thanks Scott. Waiting to get my pre-May back form being rebuilt. Plan on running it in 8mm primarily. Steve

Only ***** is 8mm is corrosive so it doesn't play into my normal "wait and clean later" routine.

It's hot, makes a good fireball and it's relatively cheap.

Scott

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Nice -- I thought sure that in the second of the three parts that I was gonna' see one shot . . . only!

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
OK here is a stupid question. How come you only have to cock your gun one time to chamber a round and I have to do it twice?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Armorer said:
OK here is a stupid question. How come you only have to cock your gun one time to chamber a round and I have to do it twice?

It depends on where you lay the belt when you close the top cover. If you lay the belt all the way to the right (two rounds past the spring loaded belt holding pawl), you only have to pull the bolt back once. If you lay the belt only one round past the spring loaded belt holding pawl, you have to pull the bolt back twice.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Thanks for the information. I guess I never lifted the cover on mine just pulled the tab through the slot until it engaged. That was the one thing I liked about the Browning as opposed to the M60. The M60 didn't have a strater tab, at least not on any belts I ever got issued.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts