1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a linking machine for my (former) 1919 and am wondering what it is worth and is there a market for it. I also have a a 'friend' who has a bunch of linked ammo for the 1919. Can it be sold in California if it is in links of no more than 10 or are there any other restrictions to be aware of? Is it better to sell longer links outside of the state? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Belt loader: "Market" is usually a function of price. Price is a function of condition and function. Is it all there? Does it work? What shape is it in? With out without storage box and what condition is the box in if there one? Is the machine all steel or one of the early models with the brass base? They make a difference in value and what people are willing to pay.

Linked ammo in Cali is OK as long as it is 10 rounds or less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm reading that as "linking machine" - perhaps some clarification is in order......
Sorry, I dont know what else to call it. 272_M-7_LInker.jpg I will try to attach an image of what I am talking about.

I'm also wondering about the legality of a "crank system" for the 1919 in California.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Crankfire devices are NOT legal in California.

Do not link more than 10 rounds (unless you have a high capacity magazine permit). Do not sell loaded belts or linked belts that hold more than 10 rounds. The linker you showed in the picture of your last post is legal to use in California IMHO. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I..... who has a bunch of linked ammo for the 1919. Can it be sold in California if it is in links of no more than 10 or are there any other restrictions to be aware of? .......
Besides the issue with keeping under 10 rounds linked, there are new ammunition laws that went into effect this year. Beginning January 1, 2018, ammunition sales will generally have to be conducted by or processed through licensed vendors. Sales of ammunition by unlicensed sellers would have to be processed through a licensed ammunition vendor, in a manner similar to private party firearms transactions and pursuant to a background check.

For more information, search for California PENAL CODE 30312

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems like it may be best to just take and sell out of state in Nevada or Arizona, if one were to have such items in California, which of course, I do not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry, I dont know what else to call it. View attachment 69369 I will try to attach an image of what I am talking about.
The attached image is of an M-7 Linking machine for putting Cal..50 rounds into M2 or M9 metallic belt links for the .50 Browning Machine Gun. Numrich has this linker with the delinker attachment for sale currently under $90 including shipping and the additional shipping they charge for this heavy item.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts