1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share, always on search for spare parts, and took a chance on this, maybe you all know, R Guns has new old stock 1919 7.62 nato barrels at 75 Bucks a pop. So grabbed two, well look brand new chrome bore adding to spares, curious if anyone knows about these as can’t find any markings on them. Also what are thoughts as to having recut to 30/06 chamber don’t have one yet, cost ? Recommend anyone. Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Just bought one for a spare.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. Just bought one for a spare.
I think you will be happy, mine were still wrapped in that lovely paper with awesome smell, and added plastic cap to protect threads, shipping was reasonable and within a week. Out to California, hoping others can chime as look gov issue just no marks on one I unwrapped thinking of getting couple more unless this is not a good price, chime in won’t be first time have over paid for something, hell got a 4 pack of new micro brew beer other day was 12.99 really o_O

·
Registered
862 Posts
I think it's a good price.... Most others I've seen are $100 or over.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's a good price.... Most others I've seen are $100 or over.
That’s what I’ve seen an found, would like to get onenre-cut to 30/06 as want conversion, and looking for an 8mm (Cheap ass I am) conversion, just grabbed 3k 8 mm from centerfire system for the MG 42 ya corrosive but that’s why I posted a link on brushes to help clean. You in Cali ? Going buy your log name?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes I am. I have all three calibers for my A4(30-06, 308, & 8mm). I've shot it the most in 8mm, but that ammo is drying up. Probably gonna save the 8mm I have for other guns now...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if You don’t mind im in Bay Area, Morgan Hill. You? Found best I could on 8 mm was, yes corrosive but that’s what cleaning is about, 1919’s and Mg42. was centerfire system got 3k for 679.80 shipping 14.95 yah heard some bad stuff but will look at rounds before I link, unless you got some info to help. If you in my area have a very friendly ffl
Robert

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Just wanted to share, always on search for spare parts, and took a chance on this, maybe you all know, R Guns has new old stock 1919 7.62 nato barrels at 75 Bucks a pop. So grabbed two, well look brand new chrome bore adding to spares, curious if anyone knows about these as can’t find any markings on them. Also what are thoughts as to having recut to 30/06 chamber don’t have one yet, cost ? Recommend anyone. Thanks
I think they are Israeli made barrels that have been reparkerized. Bought a couple a few years age when they had them on sale. They do have a few markings if you look closely I think. Nice barrels, great value.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks will look in daylight, but these still have-lathe work that is sharp and crisp on exterior no sign of use still don't think refurb, could be way wrong, going to look closer in day light dam old eye’s thanks, hell maybe I got lucky that’s why I ask, will unwrap the other and hope for marks, I thank all reply’s from all that know way way more than me and please continue to share I can only wish to have what you have searched and gathered. Thank you

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just got mine. Definitely minty wrapped in wax paper. Entire barrel looks brand new with fresh Israeli markings on barrel near chamber end. Wish I could buy more...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got mine. Definitely minty wrapped in wax paper. Entire barrel looks brand new with fresh Israeli markings on barrel near chamber end. Wish I could buy more...
Glad you liked and I didn’t get slammed on giving suggestion, trying to figure how to get few more. Just sent innards to Jeff @Iron creations for plate kit I bought, and playing with new to me Wiselite mg42/53 gen 1 fixing pre range trip **** Ugg learning whole new game on it, in between my fun cz26 and dreaming of a FAL, are there any Zoom support groups lol.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My barrel is typical parkerizing with chrome lined bore like every other Israeli 308 barrel I've seen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts