1919 A4 Forums banner

1919a4 7.62x54r conversion

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  usmc1488 
#1 ·
Good Morning all, Ive googled and ive searched this awesom site but I cant find anything with a live link for 54r conversions. Do any of you have a lead? Ive got my kit, im going to get 30cal to do the machining, and Im ordering a Halo plate. The last delta is the 54r conversion. I have almost 5000 rounds of the stuff. Thanks for any help provided in advance.

#5 ·
His contact info is posted on the website, which otherwise just shows as under construction. www DOT barrelxchange DOT com

#7 ·
Barrel, booster, and you send him the bolt and extractor and he makes modifications to them. Also to the top cover if I remember correctly. I can't speak highly enough about Troy. He helped me with my 54R 1919 conversion and is now helping me with my Bren 54R conversion. I don't believe that he has full kits anymore so you will have to send him stuff to use. But once you go 54R, you never go back to shooting .60 a round stuff.

#8 ·
Good Morning all, Ive googled and Ive searched this awesom site but I cant find anything with a live link for 54r conversions. Do any of you have a lead? Ive got my kit, im going to get 30cal to do the machining, and Im ordering a Halo plate. The last delta is the 54r conversion. I have almost 5000 rounds of the stuff. Thanks for any help provided in advance.

I just had my conversion kit shipped back to me from troy and I will prob see the range in about two weekends. The Booster which is the little cap on the tip end of the barrel shroud you will need to screw the other booster which will say (8mm/.30-06). My booster came from Ohio Ordnance. Next you will need a front cartridge guide it needs to be in .308 cal. Next an 308 extractor which I got from Karma Products. Next you will need a stripped top cover in 308. Then a 308 stripped bolt. and lastly the barrel in 308. and a single round from your 54R collection.

I never shipped him the booster. (that with my purchase from OOW LLC )

Remember All parts will need to be in 308 cal

Stripped top cover
Extractor
Front Cartridge guide
Stripped Bolt
Barrel

The Work is beautiful piece of art all parts are stamped with 54R so you dont mix up parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.