1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video of me shooting my semi auto 1919A4 and M14. I know its corny and I am a nerd but hey its all fun. Sorry for the cheesy euro background music, I did not pick it lol. I am wearing a repro WW2 USMC jacket and no I am not Marine nor do I tell people I am. Thank you. https://youtu.be/2UkDR_L8uCE

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Good video, very clear and well done and my kind of guns although I believe you fired more rounds from each than I have total in the last six years. I have to confess I have owned a M1919A4 semi for about eleven years and a M1917A1 for about eight years and have only been to the range three times with them. Lately I have put more rounds through an 03 Springfield than either of them. Part of the problem is my back problem that makes carrying and setting up harder and partly the closest local range won't allow anything that looks like a machine gun. I am a also a big fan of the M14 having trained with one in Army basic training in 1964. In fact that and the M6 bayonet were the only weapons they allowed us to handle back then. I am sure that changed with Vietnam starting in 1965. Later in the National Guard and Army Reserve I got to handle and fire many types of guns. Back then I put more rounds through the M1919A6 than any of my own guns. And being the armorer I got to clean them to. So it's not like I don't know how. I still get a kick out of seeing them fired. I have an M1A also and that and couple of M1s have seen more use lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts