1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really into military weapons i have about 26 different ones, But what i am wondering on the most is i have admired the 1919a4 since i first seen one in cdnn magazine for 999.99 and it comes with a headspace gauge. www.cdnnsports.com. But my question is it really worth the 1000.00 dollars? do they jam alot? are the links hard to find once the bullet chambers? Is there any other way cheaper tripod out there that would work without paying 1000.00 for it like the original GI that Ohio Ordnance sells? i am new to this so forgive my dumb questions, i am pretty good at magazine fed or bolt rifles but a belt fed rifle i am stumped at. and far as accuracy has anyone shot a group size with these rifles im sure its not a tack driver i know they never were designed for that?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
csa4ever2001 said:
But my question is it really worth the 1000.00 dollars?

for a belt fed gun it's the most inexpensive one out there......the second being the VECTOR RPD. so yes, if you want a belt fed gun, it's worth the 1,000 bucks........but be very careful, don't buy a HESSE or a VULCAN ARMS one, otherwise you'll just be throwing good money away and getting a piece of ****, that won't work.
do they jam alot?

if it's built correct, lubed and you have it headspace correctly the likelyhood of it jamming is pretty low.....that's not to say they are not jam free, like any other firearm, you will get the occasion jam, a empty link might get twisted being fed out etc...., but on the whole they pretty much run almost jam free.......but like I said a lot has to depend on how well they are built.

are the links hard to find once the bullet chambers? Is there any other way cheaper tripod out there that would work without paying 1000.00 for it like the original GI that Ohio Ordnance sells?
the links are not all that hard to find, they will be to the right of the gun....as for tripods, there is so many flavors out there......the most economical ones will either be the MG42AA tripod with adapter or the reproduction M2/M122 tripod, I believe repro tripods are around in the 300 buck range? or you can always go with the A6 set up.....buttstock, bipod and carry handle.......you will have to be in the prone position to fire it, but that is about as basic you can go with those.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks slowfire i will keep that in mind which one is by far the best one if not a hesse or a vulcan arms. I have a friend that is a gunsmith so the headspace issue wont be a problem. i have a thompson semi auto 16 inch barrel i am about ready to drive in the ground and use it for a post marker. its more like shooting a single shot lol

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
you don't need a gunsmith to headspace the gun....the barrel is not like a rifle barrel where it is in a fixed position, the barrel can be completly screwed out of the gun, you set headspacing by screwing the barrel into the barrel extention, headspacing it is not a complicated procedure.....I would advice you to take a look at the tutorials that are on the home page, they will give you a very clear picture of setting headpace, disassembly procedures and other things to get familiar with it before you buy the gun

·
Registered
64 Posts
You HAVE to get a sokolov mount from Cole's Distributing with your 1919!!! They are the most sturdy mounts available and also some of the cheapest at 300$. They are ROCK solid and are great shooting platforms.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was wondering about Cole's Distributing i have never delt with them and i found a deal on .30 caliber browning Price: $24.95 +Shipping
USGI Browning Links,Caliber .30 or can be used for 8mm Mauser.Used,escellent condition.1000.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING
Price: $99.95
USGI Browning Links,caliber .30 or can used for 8mm Mauser. Used-excellent condition.**SPECIAL** 5000 FOR $100.00.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING
i think that is a pretty good deal anyone have reviews about this company

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
those are 30-06 links.......which will work for .308 round, it's just you can't seat the round in them all the way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts