1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a semi 1919a4/a6 by MA&T. I have never heard of them or cannot find anything on the web. Are they a reputable builder?

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Was there any other info I have never heard of them and did it say where they are out of?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw no other information. I just saw an ad on Gunbroker that said it was build by MA&T Inc.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,391 Posts
One of our newbie members bought one .
It uses the three denial island design .
The link ejection port is cut back too far to allow a right rear cartridge stop to be installed but it does work in the 30 06 cartridge format without issue ,as for other cartridges the 1919 can use .308, 8mm ,762 x 54r well :dunno: !

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
Just looked at all 10 semis they had listed and could not find it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gunbroker #502272578. Put a space between 1919 and a4. Looks like a good price, I was just wondering about the quality of the build.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Can't vouch for the pricing on the 1919. They sure do have some nice toys on Form 3's over there though! The TRW M14 caught my eye!! :D

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
OK now I see it ands I am not a fan of the rivets it looks like they welded in some areas. Also the breech lock cam screw is wrong but that is not a deal breaker but what's up with the right rear cartridge stop? Also there are extra holes in the left side plate like it had the option for dual feed? if it goes cheap it would be worth reworking but not worth the reserve price IMHO http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=502272578

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Can't vouch for the pricing on the 1919. They sure do have some nice toys on Form 3's over there though! The TRW M14 caught my eye!! :D
Yes, but did you catch the Winchester M14 they show? The TRW is a weld up, but the Winchester appears (and they state) is uncut.

As to that Browning, I am with toolman all the way. It's over priced for what it is. That shouldn't sell for even $2k, in my opinion. It's definitely welded and has those non standard features mentioned. Pass.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts