1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had a similar prob. tuned out to be cocking lever in the bolt was backward.
Just in case.

the ware on right side of bolt { is it milled enough ?? }

also is it me the lock frame look unmilled to me ????

·
Registered
18 Posts
The lock frame is milled on the right side about the middle there is a channel this is an early Allied Armament build in the low 100's I got it to lock up I decided to open up the center of the accelerator to let the ears of the trigger pass through and now it is cycling properly.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Glad to hear that it is together and cycling by hand. Haven't had a chance to open the boxes you sent yet. Will leave them alone until your links arrive and you can test fire it - just in case.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ahh go ahead and open those boxes this is a learning experience for me I like to tinker with things helps me learn and gives me something to do, my links arrived friday and I got about 100 rounds linked now I got that linker off of evilbay set it up and it works nice

·
BeltFed GURU
4,277 Posts
ambivolent,
Keep a close eye on the WTT/WTS for any WLA trigger that comes up and Jump on it with out delay they are not a common trigger and no longer available !!!

Glad you got everything set right so it now functions and go have fun , just use caution because a 30 Will try to Hurt you !! Headspace, Headspace ,Headspace and learn the platform so you can assemble it with your eyes closed ,how it functions and all that can go Wrong !!! Oh and Never place your hand or any other part of your body under the open part of the "box" when firing !

Have Fun but be cautious Baby Browning Bites !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep I have read about the dangers associated with this platform, if I cant find a replacement WLA trigger is there another option that would drop in?

·
BeltFed GURU
4,277 Posts
The KMP is the "industry" standard but it will require you to narrow the trigger pivot cut in your lock frame and open the space between the Accelerator fingers on your lock frame , and i do not know if it is the standard KMP sear cut in your bolt , You might look into getting a stripped Bolt and in time have it cut for the KMP sear and buying a KMP trigger and sear ahead of need !
here is KMP`s site http://www.karmametalproducts.com/KAR_FIREARM_PARTS.htm

The WLA trigger is nice and beefy so it should last i have not seen the sear so i can not offer an opinion on it .

The Trigger and Sear are considered Consumable parts requiring replacement periodically , if you shoot a lot i would suggest you acquire a spare lock frame,accelerator( it will come in a non stripped F/A lock frame) ,barrel extension and bolt and have them machined for your denial island pattern and the KMP trigger and sear system , i know it is more money but the parts are getting more expensive and harder to obtain by the day .

Look at this topic and you will see what Battle field spares were needed http://1919a4.com/showthread.php?49158-Drawing-for-M12-and-M13-tool-roll-and-list-of-contents&highlight=spare+parts+roll

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for all the help and all the info guys I'll keep an eye out for a WLA trigger, cant wait to take it out gotta save up for a tripod and a set of spade grips now.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Good to hear it's working right! Now you can finish linking that ammo and go warm up the gun at the range.
Then you can link up more ammo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:rofl:
:)

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
assembly problems

One of my 1919's does this to me if I don't keep all the parts held tightly together while stuffing the innards, the other gun has never done this, it always goes together first time with out a problem, not sure if it's something in the way the parts were machined or what. Glad you got your problem figured out, enjoy your new toy,and check your head space every time you take it apart!

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Good. That's the gun I remember. Been doing some "client outreach" in parts of Nevada, Utah and Arizona the last few days. Back to the shop tomorrow and will dive into those boxes.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
More issues w 1919

Took the 1919 out today for a test run and it ran like a top.
You have not realized it yet but this is just the start of your problems. :)
Now you need spare parts and LOTS of ammo, a tripod, a belt loader, a linker, a Dillon 650, a case tumbler, primers, powder, bullets. And you have not even thought about what your second one will be.
A6 USGI style, Izzy style?, maybe one on a pedestal w your new Jeep....
Did I mention Lucky#13 and a retro 1917? Not to be confused with a 1917A1...
Glad to hear you are up and running!
PM me if you are a reloader.

Did we mention trips to KCR yet?

Editing my post, you cannot PM yet, each post moves you closer. Post that you will reload for it if you do.

Avoid Len, the M2, M3, and 1917 carts for now. Do not go to CWA web site and look at the shiny M3's he is working on. Temptation and he is only a hundred miles from me, good thing I cannot drive....for now. And I already have bullets, dies, brass, powder....no no no just say no.....

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yup, your first 1919a4 is pretty much the definition of a gateway drug. Before you know what happened you will be drooling over registered full auto M2HB's and faintly wondering why the frau looks at you "that way" when you mention that an APC would be a really fun gun mount to drive around the neighborhood.

At least you don't have to go to meetings and spill your guts to strangers. We'll listen to you and laugh with you and Len will hook you up with that APC. :rofl:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would love to have a half track to mount it to but I may have to settle for a M35a2 atleast the wife is on board with that one

I do plan on reloading nut that will have to wait until then im saving all my brass

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Reloading

Your post count is increasing, I think 20 is the magic number to send or receive PM's.
You are shooting .308 now? I'm mostly an 06' shooter. Be sure and remind your friends to help you scrounge brass for reloading. When you buy links .308 Izzy are more expensive roughly $70 per. 8MM and 06 are maybe half of that, watch Cope's for their sales.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts