1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hope all is well!
I just took out my 1919 for it’s first run and needless to say it didn’t go as planed. Lots of failures. Everything seemed to cycle right but every other round if (I was lucky I could get 3 or 4 rounds down range) I would not get the “boom” I was looking for. Made adjustments in the field with no success. I see there seems to be a bit of brass left behind I can see under the top cover, I have read similar threads and not sure if it’s just the ammo or what direction to start. Anything would help. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is semi, I adjusted the headspace prior to leaving, and stripped it down in the bed of my truck and did it at the range again assuming that was my first problem, So to my knowledge headspace was good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also took the live rounds that were manually ejected and loaded them one at a time essentially operating like a trap door bolt action, never had a fail to fire. Only had issues when rounds were linked or belted. I am using Israeli links and a generic surplus belt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it cycling the round into the chamber and just not firing, or is the extractor not pulling the rounds from your belt/links ?
Rounds are being cycled into the chamber, in trying to diagnosis the problem I manually fed single rounds with 100% success. But when the rounds are linked I will get a fire, new round chambered, no fire, no click from the trigger which can happen multiple times before I get another round to fire.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, if the rounds are all extracting, no reason to believe it's in the top. If headspacing is good and not on the tight side. Is it oiled well? Correct booster?
I believe it was oiled well enough, visually looked good, I would be Lying if I was 100% confident in that Answer as I am new to this world it was my Covid hobby. And for the the booster again my assumption would be it is correct.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Probably the same thing that was happening to mine which is: The trigger bar is not traveling enough to capture the sear. With a round chambered, if I lift the trigger up and let it snap down, the trigger will engage with the sear and when trigger is pulled back up the round will fire. My fix was to put a 6 lobe crank fire on that sucker and I was off to the races! It didn't really fix the actual problem but it was a lot more fun after that. You might not have that option.
Happy Hunting..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys hope all is well!
I just took out my 1919 for it’s first run and needless to say it didn’t go as planed. Lots of failures. Everything seemed to cycle right but every other round if (I was lucky I could get 3 or 4 rounds down range) I would not get the “boom” I was looking for. Made adjustments in the field with no success. I see there seems to be a bit of brass left behind I can see under the top cover, I have read similar threads and not sure if it’s just the ammo or what direction to start. Anything would help. Thanks a lot.
Probably the same thing that was happening to mine which is: The trigger bar is not traveling enough to capture the sear. With a round chambered, if I lift the trigger up and let it snap down, the trigger will engage with the sear and when trigger is pulled back up the round will fire. My fix was to put a 6 lobe crank fire on that sucker and I was off to the races! It didn't really fix the actual problem but it was a lot more fun after that. You might not have that option.
Happy Hunting..
Long shot here but irt happened to me , make sure your buffer did not back out. Good luck

·
Premium Member
8,353 Posts
How about posting a picture of your lock frame? If you need help and are still having issues reach out to me and I will walk you through a few things to check. Russ

1 - 18 of 18 Posts