1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Kind of an unusual question. The M151 begin production in 1959 by which time the M60 was starting to come into the system. There may have been a mount that mounts to the front passenger side dashboard. There is also the possibility that several foreign users of the M1919 may have had a M1919 dash mount. A picture would be of help. Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kind of an unusual question. The M151 begin production in 1959 by which time the M60 was starting to come into the system. There may have been a mount that mounts to the front passenger side dashboard. There is also the possibility that several foreign users of the M1919 may have had a M1919 dash mount. A picture would be of help. Thanks.
It is a dash mount on the right side for the 1919.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Pretty sure the unibody of the M151 would not support it, and one was never made for it. the Willys and M38 had one. I have had a M151 for 25+ years, and in all my resarch and reading have never seen a dash mount. You cannot mount a 50 cal in MUTT due to lack of mechanical support - it tears out of the floor. But as noted above photos would help- You might also try ythe Mil vehicle boards since they are more likely to have people with jeeps -

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure the unibody of the M151 would not support it, and one was never made for it. the Willys and M38 had one. I have had a M151 for 25+ years, and in all my resarch and reading have never seen a dash mount. You cannot mount a 50 cal in MUTT due to lack of mechanical support - it tears out of the floor. But as noted above photos would help- You might also try ythe Mil vehicle boards since they are more likely to have people with jeeps -
Thanks you all. Have a Great Army Day. P.S. I also have a M998. I need a 50 cal mount for it. I will also check M2HB site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts