1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just trying to get feedback on mounting a 1919a4 on a mg3 tripod. What are people’s thoughts on it? I have several of the usgi tripods and love them. Just looking for something different and I already have a mg3 tripod sitting in my shop.

Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ground pod or AA ?
If it's the aa one , i have one and its the most convenient easy to pack around tripod i have. Absolutely love it

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
I have never shot off one but have half a dozen or so for the fun room because they take up less space and let me display more. I do have one adapted for the 1919A4 but I would weight it down good and have at it if it is a semi gun? I am not sure it would be stable enough for a FA gun.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I have both...Most of the time I use the AA because I like standing ...I have only used the Ground one twice ,,,It was nice but Vary heavy to lug around...So I started using a Bren tripod and liked it much better...Then I found The Mag58 tripod and never looked back...A few month's back I bought a like new MG3 ground tripod with the best 1919 adapter I have ever seen made...And sold the other 2 1919 adapters I had...I will be doing a post about it soon...I would say that I like the looks of the MG3 pod the best and would use it more If I did not have to move it.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
I sold my adapter last year, simply because I wasn’t using it. It was great though. A member here made them long ago.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Then I started to use this tripod

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
The good thing about the Bren adapter was you could also use it on the AA tripod.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I do have one adapted for the 1919A4 but I would weight it down good and have at it if it is a semi gun? I am not sure it would be stable enough for a FA gun.
If it's stable enough for this gun , it's good enough for a FA 1919...You just got to put a little ass behind it .

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,166 Posts
Haven't been using it in recent years, but it was my favorite platform for a long time.

Shorty.jpg

Reactions: GUNNER 50

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
And that was the second Mg3 to 1919 adapter I had...Thanks Lucky for posting pic's of yours...I never took any pic of mine...Except unmounted when I sold it last year.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Here's pic's of it broke down .

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
If you do , Do not build for others...This is a creation of a long time and respected member of this board....He dose not make them anymore , but if he decides to start back up , I would hate to think I let the cat out the bag.....Sorry (Brassmagnet)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you do , Do not build for others...This is a creation of a long time and respected member of this board....He dose not make them anymore , but if he decides to start back up , I would hate to think I let the cat out the bag.....Sorry (Brassmagnet)
No worries

I was planning on building one anyways. I just wanted to see if it was a good platform before I started building it.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Yes , it is a good platform...The takeaway from this is make the best of what you have on hand , until you find something better.........Post pic's of what you come up with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes , it is a good platform...The takeaway from this is make the best of what you have on hand , until you find something better.........Post pic's of what you come up with.

I definitely will. The funny thing is I bought a pallet of tripods from OOW for $750. I think I have 3 mg42 ground tripods 1 bren tripod 2 mg 42 AA tripod and one AA tripod that is a ? For me. So everything needs a little TLC but they all are functional. So making use of what I have is exactly what I am doing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts