1919 A4 Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
My thing is I would buy a tripod , then find a better example of that tripod and buy it to , and so on...At one point I had 5 MG42 AA pods / 3 MG42 ground / 2 Bren's....Now I only have 1 Bren / 1 42 ground / and 3 AA's...The AA's are the most useful tripod's I have ever had...I mount everything I can on it....I will be doing a post about it one day.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
You guys feel free to build and copy my version as you see fit. I'm not really interested in resuming production so have at it.
I'll say this - heavy is a very proper description. I designed mine with the intent of utilizing the recoil system for simulated F/A fire - back in the day when spring assist was deemed legal by the ATF. As we all know these things have long since been deactivated and become dinasours in history. It worked quite well, but was short lived, as was the AW Sim and the Aikins accelerator system. I also made a drop in block for shutting of the spring system at one point. Good old days.......a little peek from years ago.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You guys feel free to build and copy my version as you see fit. I'm not really interested in resuming production so have at it lol.
I'll say this - heavy is a very proper description. I designed mine with the intent of ustilizing the recoil system for simulated F/A fire - back in the day when spring assist was deemed legal by the ATF. As we all know these things have long since been deactivated and become dinasours in history. It worked quite well, but short lived, as was the AW Sim and the Aikins accelerator system. I also made a drop in block for shutting of the spring system at one point. Good old days.......a little peek from years ago.....

Good to see that you are still on the forum. Your conversation looks awesome. Thank for making my job easier to figure out how to make one.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm a big fan of the FN30 ground pod. Looks similar to the MG3 one, but doesn't require any adapter to use. I've even shot my M2HB off of it using a riser I made! 😁

Reactions: Colt44mag21

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm a big fan of the FN30 ground pod. Looks similar to the MG3 one, but doesn't require any adapter to use. I've even shot my M2HB off of it using a riser I made! 😁
View attachment 100365
I agree, I love mine too. I even had an adapter and was shooting a 1lb mountain howitzer off it. Glad there are other people out there like me haha

·
Registered
140 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
LOL! Now that's Merica right there! 🇺🇸

21 - 27 of 27 Posts