1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,081 Posts
I suggest you give us a better description. Most semi auto 1919s use a trigger with a sliding disconnector that interfaces with the sear, such as the KMP product. What trigger system do you have and exactly what is missing?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your response, Lucky #13. Unfortunately I do not know which trigger system I have - but I have been told by my gunsmith that mine is indeed one that has a sliding disconnector that interfaces with the sear. It sits/lies on top of the portion of the trigger that is horizontal - and interfaces with the sear. That is the piece that is missing. I think my 1919A4 was manufactured by TNW - but I'm not 100% sure.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,081 Posts
That helps. TNW does make its own triggers. I would expect that the part will have to be sourced from them, if that is indeed what you have. Different makers of semi triggers do not use the exact same specs, even if the design concept is the same. The trigger and disconnector are a unit, and I've never heard of them broken up and sold as components. It may be that their sear will require their trigger, so your gunsmith should go direct to TNW to see how they can help. If you switch to a different brand of trigger, you probably need the matching sear, and those may require different specs in the bolt machining. Might have to replace the bolt in that case. So pursue the TNW contact first and see if they can provide a new trigger assembly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That helps. TNW does make its own triggers. I would expect that the part will have to be sourced from them, if that is indeed what you have. Different makers of semi triggers do not use the exact same specs, even if the design concept is the same. The trigger and disconnector are a unit, and I've never heard of them broken up and sold as components. It may be that their sear will require their trigger, so your gunsmith should go direct to TNW to see how they can help. If you switch to a different brand of trigger, you probably need the matching sear, and those may require different specs in the bolt machining. Might have to replace the bolt in that case. So pursue the TNW contact first and see if they can provide a new trigger assembly.
Thanks so much for your help. I will try to contact TNW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might not be TNW. Looks like Am Arms/Delta Sparks NV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts