1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I am new here.
I am looking for the best way to arm,well build a authentic looking weapon that would have been used on a Weasel.I looked a Dummey 30 Cal. but with the Semi-Auto 1919a4 I think this would be the way to go?Cost seems to be about the same if I build it.????

Thanks for the Help!!

Weasel ON
Randy

·
Registered
715 Posts
Randy - Welcome! By all means, build your own semi, but it will cost more than a dummy. Have you tried Military Vehicles magazine? Somebody had dummies advertised in it not too long ago, but I don't recall how much. If you drive it or dispay it in public, you probably wouldn't want a live weapon on board

I had an M-29 years ago - built by Studebaker, in 1944, I believe. Complete with the floatation tanks, rudders, etc. It was a blast. I was a real popular guy during duck season. Just ran out of room and had to either get a bigger house on a bigger lot or get rid of the Weasel. The Weasel found a good home in San Jose.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Randy,
Check with m-29cweasel.org, and you should be able to get some pics off the old posts of weasels with mounted arms. I have seen 1919a4s, vickers, and m2s. Most were mounted on a pedistal mount just behind the bulkhead.
I will mount my a4 that way on my weasel.
Good lock and have fun.
Weasel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts