1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had one from Lone Wolf for some years, Sold it when I moved and life was in flux. Kept belts, loader and two crank fire systems.
Does anyone sell them outright anymore or are Builds or Auctions the only way to procure one now? Seems they were more prevalent back a decade or so but that may just be me. Thanks all.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Ravenna Armory makes excellent 1919a4 semi autos! Reach out to see what the build schedule is.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I have 3 built and ready to ship. Hit me up for pictures and options.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
:oops: Even if a M1919a4 is safe to shoot when packed, you still have to inspect and should (must) check/set headspace based on ammo used!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I test fire all my builds and roughly sight them in. The guns are engraved as semi auto with the compliance markings / manufacturer info. Im not aware of any builders providing semi auto documentation with their 30s.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I have a headspace gauge. Lone Wolf had it on the invoice that’s why I ask.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,047 Posts
Not sure what you mean by "semi auto documentation," unless it is the so-called "approval letter." That is not required by ATF, and yes I have had conversations with the (now retired) Assistant Chief of the ATF FTB about this. The letter makes for a marketing tool, but that's about all it is worth. I have one for my Dual Feed semis, the first production example of which was built for the owner of Lone Wolf. My letter covers any Browning .30 semi because the operation is identical. I know who built the 1919A4s for Lone Wolf. He is another respected member of this forum, and these are just the traditional semi design. There are minor variances in denial island design, but all currently available use the same trigger disconnect system. Don't spend time worrying about this issue when dealing with an established mfg, of which greaser is an excellent example.

·
11,209 Posts
And DO NOT USE THE HEADSPACE GAUGE for your semi 1919. I don’t care who built the gun. You are to head space to each lot of ammo you use.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Good advice from Rory so you should follow it. As far as the letter goes it is really a non issue because the semi's have been around for decades at this point and even here in NY state I have NEVER been asked to provide any proof for me semi guns. Back in the day when these were new to the market that was one thing but those days are long gone. Learn the gun and be careful especially of the rod of death and ask questions here because you will get all the answers you need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts