1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to replace the top cover feed arm since the pin that rides in the bolt slot is worn. I tried two different NOS USGI arms with NOS pivot pins but the fit is loose. The original arm and pivot pin required a press to disassemble. What's the correct fit for these parts? Thanks JP

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
You might have an isreali modified (bored out/worn out) feed arm and need to swap that instead

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might have an isreali modified (bored out/worn out) feed arm and need to swap that instead
It's definetly a USGI arm and I just found an old thread which indicates that the arm should pivot on the pin. No idea as to why the original arm was a press fit on the pin. I'll try one of the replacement arms and report back. Thanks. JP

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Jeff did you get a different feed arm yet? Last we spoke you were working on that but if you did and that still doesn't do the trick call me back. Russ

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jeff did you get a different feed arm yet? Last we spoke you were working on that but if you did and that still doesn't do the trick call me back. Russ
Hi Russ, yes, I did get a replacement NOS arm. The pivot pin to arm fit is a bit better with this one but the arm still rotates on the pin. Is this OK? The old arm/pin combination has the pivot pin rotating in the bushing, not between the arm and pin.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Mine have always been loose enough that the pin didn't rotate with the arm. Maybe you just had a couple parts that were made at 5 on a Friday :D

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
Hi Russ, yes, I did get a replacement NOS arm. The pivot pin to arm fit is a bit better with this one but the arm still rotates on the pin. Is this OK? The old arm/pin combination has the pivot pin rotating in the bushing, not between the arm and pin.
Yes Jeff it is fine and that is how they normally work so it sounds like you are good to go :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts