1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Legendary Donor
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are in the process of cutting just a few 1919 trunnions to gage cost and figure out all finish ops.
what we would like from you our loyal friends is just a hands up of what may be required. We are not gonna hold you to a buy . but we need to figure just how many of you may need / want / a new trunnon.
so please let us know so we can ty to plan accordingly.:D:D
Many thanks !!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
tomt

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
in for 1 to 3+

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Tom, Is there any chance of getting them hard chromed?
If so i would be in for 1 or 2.
CaptMax

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
Tom,

I am in good shape for now, but an ongoing supply of these will become important for me down the road. I wonder about the possibility of a special run of these in a year's time perhaps, if these do not become on ongoing stock item for KMP.

Tom, Is there any chance of getting them hard chromed?
If so i would be in for 1 or 2.
CaptMax
My experience on chrome trunnions, CaptMax, is that they are a pain to fit the side plate edges too. You are stuck at the chrome surface height and have to fit the side plates individually to match, rather than being able to file the complete feedway surface to a flush level after assembly. I'd think about finding a chrome shop that can do individual parts and have the feedway chromed after you have fitted it in a clamped assembly, but before riveting in. It cost me $75 to get each trunnion chromed when I did some years back, but most of that is the cost of masking everything so just the feedway surface gets the chrome.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Interest

I can always use spare parts. As to chrome plating you may also consider what your round count would be or for $15 a trunnion protector. Being that this proposed run is nearly 75 years since large runs were made in WWII that material used may be improved.
Rough idea of price? I won't confuse the the by asking about plans for top plates.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,236 Posts
I can always use spare parts. As to chrome plating you may also consider what your round count would be or for $15 a trunnion protector. Being that this proposed run is nearly 75 years since large runs were made in WWII that material used may be improved.
Rough idea of price? I won't confuse the the by asking about plans for top plates.
Not to add to the side tracking here, but new top plates are already done, and I have a large supply of those already. The trunnion is the last receiver component that has yet to be remade in ready quantity.

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
I'll have to go check my large box of parts and see what I have, but there is a chance I'd grab one for "just because".....

·
Registered
695 Posts
Gee Tom,
Might have to break my promise not to build another....
I'd be in for 1 or 2
As well as the other parts you sell...
Steamer

1 - 20 of 62 Posts