1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
15 littlle indians huh ??

that may be enough to get a start.
we would of course make more. say 20.
it's just a very costly venture, .we really want to keep it reasonable. but MAN IS THERE ALOT OF METAL TO mOVE !!!!!!.:mad::eek::eek::eek::eek:
we will keep you all posted on the progress.
who knows, maybe we will come across a magic process.
by-the-by, anyone looking for top plates for 1919 ?? got a quest for 3 today ???
thanks. tomt

Thanks (in advance) for doing this.

I think an approximate price would be extremely helpful to you in determining real counts. Right now we don't know if you're going to ask $1 or $10,000.

Personally, I can more easily commit to something if I know what the cost is going to be. :D

Discussion starter · #23 ·
trunnions and stuff !!

thanks guys, looks like a minimum of 20 is needed. as many of you may know i sold my machine business. i intend to keep KMP classic arms going . the fellow that bought the shop wants to continue with the "parts " business. so we shall !!
this is one of a couple new projects we are working on. i'll keep you posted as we go.
and thanks rollin for letting us know that you have top plates !! --how many ????LOL:lol:
well guys let me get this info to the shop and see how it flies.
thanks a million !!!
tomt:D

thanks guys, looks like a minimum of 20 is needed. as many of you may know i sold my machine business. i intend to keep KMP classic arms going . the fellow that bought the shop wants to continue with the "parts " business. so we shall !!
this is one of a couple new projects we are working on. i'll keep you posted as we go.
and thanks rollin for letting us know that you have top plates !! --how many ????LOL:lol:
well guys let me get this info to the shop and see how it flies.
thanks a million !!!
tomt:D
Hey Tom, I have a few dozens of top plates, no worries, all nicely machined. I don't go out of my way to sell them only because the main goal was to have them for all my in house builds. But if you or anyone needs any, I can help out. Retail is $125 on them. We got them done more than a year ago.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
1919 trunnions

well folks we have one in the mill. getting close. just got a price on black nitride coating. so it's comming.
trying to get better numbers on the EDM part. -that ain't cheap.

just wanted to keep you posted. we should have some numbers soon.
thanks. tomt :D

Discussion starter · #34 ·
1919 trunnions ---new--- brief !!!!! DONE for the few

Ok fellow 9ers !!!
i think thats what we ought to call ourselves. we are a dimminishing breed------.
we have got a fewtrunnions done. they just need a bunt plug --no biggie. they are made to 30-06 spec. no coating no side screw for the shroud. but a start.
for the ammazing price offfffffff !!$450.00 each. we have 9 parts . lets see where this takes us and we will go from there.
i know this seems high. but for the few we made it should be higher.
let the biddding begin !!
LMK. :cool: :eek:
thanks
tomt

Discussion starter · #35 ·
trunnions by KMP FS what do we have here ???

ok guys we have sold all we had.
lets say the interest was way better than the buys.
Tell me what you think was the $450.00 too high ? let me tell ya. for 9 measley pieces it didn't make us wealthy !!!
we would like to know what would be a _GOOD_ price would be ? i don't know how to underline ____
anyway. the mat and wire cost is substantial. we may try to machine the whole damn thing -but then you have a **** load of machine time. .
anyway. let me know what you think and we'll see if we can make a better number happen.
Thanks for your input -i appreciate it.
tomt ;):help:

I'll chime in my thoughts......

Somewhere in a price that starts with 3 would be nice.

If this is possible...I don't Know.

any pics or did I miss that part?

I say this with the utmost respect to you and your business tomt. You've made huge contributions to keeping Brownings running with your new-made parts and I respect that greatly. That being said:

I had really high hopes for these to be in the upper $200s to low $300s at which point I would have purchased several and put them aside for a rainy day, but $450 is just too expensive. If you figure that a new built 1919a4 is about $2100-$2200, this one part shouldn't be 1/5 the total cost of a completed firearm. I'm still very interested, the price point just needs to come down a bit.

Me 2

I say this with the utmost respect to you and your business tomt. You've made huge contributions to keeping Brownings running with your new-made parts and I respect that greatly. That being said:

I had really high hopes for these to be in the upper $200s to low $300s at which point I would have purchased several and put them aside for a rainy day, but $450 is just too expensive. If you figure that a new built 1919a4 is about $2100-$2200, this one part shouldn't be 1/5 the total cost of a completed firearm. I'm still very interested, the price point just needs to come down a bit.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Thank you Mr. Maim

Just my thoughts, Tom, but I would think that in-house machine time would be less costly than the EDM. I could be wrong! What material are you using? Also, I am wondering about the need for the bunter plate. The ArmaSteel castings called for just flame hardening that area, though my experience tells me that the cast ones- in practice- got the bunter plate just as was required for the steel forgings. But I am wondering if there is a way to cut costs there without compromising things. A simple Kasenite application there might be more than sufficient. Or I may be crazy! :nuts:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.