1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't done much with my 1919s for many years and I pulled them out the other day. One has the 1919A6 top cover latch and one has an older latch. I thought "It would be nice to have an updated latch on the second one". So I went digging because I vaguely remember wanting one and thought I may have bought one. Well I found it but it appears I need a few parts.

I looked for a schematic to see what I need and then try to find them. Any help with what I am missing and where I might find them would be much appreciated. Here are a few pics of the "stripped" top cover latch.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have one like that also if you find parts let me know. somewhere on here someone posted one taken apart to show whats needed but i have not been able to find it again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try: a6 top cover latch.
it was second post in search when I just searched it.
if you can’t find it I will search my pictures and post them again

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip on the search Tinbasher. Worked much better this time. Now I know what I'm looking for. BMG has complete ones for $100.

Link to pictures of the missing parts on Tinbashers thread:

Thanks all for the help and input.

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
If you can't find the pictures I can take one apart and take new pictures for you. I do have the NOS plungers for them but will have to dig to see if I have any other parts for them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you can't find the pictures I can take one apart and take new pictures for you. I do have the NOS plungers for them but will have to dig to see if I have any other parts for them.
Hi Russ,

I found the pictures in the other thread I linked. If you have a spare plunger or any other parts that would be a great start and I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Hi Russ,

I found the pictures in the other thread I linked. If you have a spare plunger or any other parts that would be a great start and I would certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian I have NOS plungers and the pin is a no nothing but the two detents would probably have to be made. The spring I would have to check and see if we can find an off the shelf piece at Century spring.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Russ,

I'll PM you about the plunger. I'll see about making the plungers. I imagine I can match up the spring and pin and get one from McMaster as they are just down the road.

Thanks all,

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
Thanks Russ,

I'll PM you about the plunger. I'll see about making the plungers. I imagine I can match up the spring and pin and get one from McMaster as they are just down the road.

Thanks all,

Brian
PM sent Brian and let me know how you make out with the spring and in the meantime, I will check to see what Century has and then we can combine our thoughts on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts