1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The majority of my gun collection is wood and steel: 1918 BAR, M1 Garand, M14, 1911 with wood grips etc. I know the stinger had a wood stock but athestics wise it leave a lot to desire. Does anyone or has anyone in the community created a wood stock for the butstock of the A6, it would look awesome!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Have not seen one yet, there have been three issue USGI metal buttstocks for brownings started with the 1919 tank gun, then an adjustable one for the tank gun and then the metal A6 stock introduced in 1943. Your best path would probably be to get an A6 clamp, a tube the correct size for fitting over the buffer like the first issue emergency stock for the tank gun then build your wood stock to attach to the tube.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thats a good idea, I too would like to see a nice wood stock. If anyone makes one please post a picture, I would love to see it. With that idea in mind it should not be to long before someone installs a AR adjustable stock on thier 1919:eek: lol.

·
Registered
695 Posts
See what Jeff has done at Iron Creations with the AR buttstock adapter then add n AR wooden stock from Boyds to the gun.
:eek:
Steamer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts