1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Allegheny Arsenal has the Vickers Crates at $120 each. The Vickers sights are NOT panoramic, they are lensatic. They are used for indirect fire, you cannot look through them and sight an object optically. I have a spare, I may put it up for sale after Christmas. Have not seen any 1928 Colt guns available lately but they do show up occasionally on the forum and GB. Rick at BMG Parts has panoramic sights for the 1928 Colt guns.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
+1. "The Vickers sights are NOT panoramic, they are lensatic. They are used for indirect fire, you cannot look through them and sight an object optically."

The below pic shows the Vickers being used in an indirect fore role.

Mortar Soldier Infantry Battle Military organization

There is one exception to this. The Turks fitted the ZF12 sight to their Vickers for direct fire.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
+1. "The Vickers sights are NOT panoramic, they are lensatic. They are used for indirect fire, you cannot look through them and sight an object optically."

The below pic shows the Vickers being used in an indirect fore role.

View attachment 14924

There is one exception to this. The Turks fitted the ZF12 sight to their Vickers for direct fire.
You are absolutely correct, I should have been more precise. I was assuming the original poster was referring to the most common (dial sight) sight found on British and British Commonwealth guns. The Turks in particular (and very possibly other countries) did use panoramic sights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts