1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

For awareness, a company in Canada has recently brokered a deal that's seen a PILE of 74/75 Hirtenberger Ball ammo (Marked for the STG-58) come into Canada.

Here's a couple of photos of what we're seeing:

ASC51C4-Ammo.jpg

ASC51C4-BoxOpen.jpg

I will note, this ammo is BERDAN primed, not BOXER, so it's basically non-reloadable (I don't feel like getting into Berdan loading....sigh) There are tales that some of the later production (1980's) may be Boxer primed, but all the indications I'm seeing here in Canada on this stuff is that it is Berdan primed.

I loaded up a couple of test belts to see how it'd perform for me, and it functioned flawlessly in my 1919A4 (Semi).

A couple of folks have noted light primer strikes and Failure to Fire with match/precision rifles.

I'm giving this heads up in case there's any Canucks that have missed this ammo coming in-country, and because the supplier indicated that he was going to be shipping a big chunk of the load to the US for sale, so it may show up on your shelves before too long.

NS

Here's some additional useful photos:

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
All,

For awareness, a company in Canada has recently brokered a deal that's seen a PILE of 74/75 Hirtenberger Ball ammo (Marked for the STG-58) come into Canada.

Here's a couple of photos of what we're seeing:

View attachment 13332

View attachment 13333

I will note, this ammo is BERDAN primed, not BOXER, so it's basically non-reloadable (I don't feel like getting into Berdan loading....sigh) There are tales that some of the later production (1980's) may be Boxer primed, but all the indications I'm seeing here in Canada on this stuff is that it is Berdan primed.

I loaded up a couple of test belts to see how it'd perform for me, and it functioned flawlessly in my 1919A4 (Semi).

A couple of folks have noted light primer strikes and Failure to Fire with match/precision rifles.

I'm giving this heads up in case there's any Canucks that have missed this ammo coming in-country, and because the supplier indicated that he was going to be shipping a big chunk of the load to the US for sale, so it may show up on your shelves before too long.

NS

Here's some additional useful photos:

We have seen the same ammunition for sale here in the USA.
It has been sold by several distributors.
I have been hearing about it since last fall!

Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts