1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to my 1st visit to the creek, hoping to do the whiskey road tour while I'm there.

Sent from my underground lair

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Have fun. Make sure you double or triple your planned funds for the creek!

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
Make sure you hit the Y at noon to meet some other board members and most importantly have fun. Doesn't really matter how much cash you bring it still won't be enough :tongue:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Doesn't really matter how much cash you bring it still won't be enough :tongue:
That's a fact!!!
With this next show being so close to election time I expect there will record crowds and sales, prices will be higher too as is usual in any election year. Buy what you want when you see it as the good stuff always sells quickly, you may find it gone if you don't.
CaptMax

·
Registered
532 Posts
The MOST important thing to remember about a first time trip to the Creek is, make sure you don't spend all your money until AFTER hitting the tables at C-7 outboard endcap in the pole building. Those guys always have GREAT deals........ :D

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Nah, the first thing to remember is to bring your mud boots and tire chains, unless you're not gonna be there for the spring shoot. Fall is usually the nicest weather, but if'n you're camping in the fall just remember to bring warm stuff too, just in case. Second thing is buy it if you like it when you see it or it may likely be gone later. Third thing is don't spend it all too early.

Don't miss "The Y," just downstream from everything, at NOON every day, or the Nighttime Shoot!

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
That's a fact!!!
With this next show being so close to election time I expect there will record crowds and sales, prices will be higher too as is usual in any election year. Buy what you want when you see it as the good stuff always sells quickly, you may find it gone if you don't.
CaptMax

CM,

ah man dont kill my excitement! as always i'll try to catch you at the "Y".... in my usual get up....

but so far its looking like its gonna be FREAKIN HOT this year. .... & dusty. LMAO

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
outsider SEZ "Warm stuff in the fall"???

Maybe I should'a said "EVEN" in the fall, especially if you're sleeping outside at night! It can get cold and damp up in the holler at night!.

Carry On!
Gary
><>

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
CM,
but so far its looking like its gonna be FREAKIN HOT this year. .... & dusty. LMAO
Will look for you this October SDK.:thumbup:
Freakin hot in October wouldn't surprise me anymore than the snow did in April.:rofl:
CM

·
Registered
203 Posts
Just a quick question about the Creek. Is it possible to get a shooting spot? I have never been and it would be a road trip from CO.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just a quick question about the Creek. Is it possible to get a shooting spot? I have never been and it would be a road trip from CO.
Next closest thing to impossible. Only option would be if you know someone with a spot and work that angle.

Im on the list (been on a year) and it will likely be another 10 or so before I get a spot to shoot.

Still an awesome trip!

·
Registered
711 Posts
What about the back range, if you don't bring too much sounds like a good option to wet the whistle. Don't know I haven't seen the back range except from the Huey.
Next closest thing to impossible. Only option would be if you know someone with a spot and work that angle.

Im on the list (been on a year) and it will likely be another 10 or so before I get a spot to shoot.

Still an awesome trip!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will be there. Haven't missed one some I stayed going 10 years ago. I will be camping from Tuesday to Sunday. Stop by and day hi. I have the 5 ton with the tactical playground attached to it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will be there. Haven't missed one some I stayed going 10 years ago. I will be camping from Tuesday to Sunday. Stop by and day hi. I have the 5 ton with the tactical playground attached to it.

Sounds good, I'll see you there.

Sent from my underground lair

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
You never know. Late Sunday afternoon is a possibility when the badge owners start to pack up and bail. I've been on the waiting list since 1995. I KNOW I've been passed over multiple times by people buying their way onto a shooting spot. Two years ago a friend went to check on HIS position on the list and told me my name wasn't on it anymore...again. **** it. I don't care anymore. Besides, what little ammo I have on the pallets (some 300 thousands rounds of various calibers) will be used a bit more carefully. The Creek spot was a lot more attractive when I had a hell of a lot more ammo. Got tired of watching fresh meat announcing they just got into MGs AND a Creek Spot.

You know something is rotten when Tracy tells you in 2004 that you are number 3 on the list and somehow in 2005 you are number 13. Screw it, I'll just pay the $10 for an hour and a half on the lower range and skip all the Tracey bullshit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have been on the list for 3 years. I guess some time in my 80's I will get a spot. I have been thinking about getting a spot on the line on Sundays also. I kinda thought. Hey if I show them I am serious about it and will do Sundays then maybe I can work my way into a permanent spot. I guess we will see.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I have been on the list for 3 years. I guess some time in my 80's I will get a spot. I have been thinking about getting a spot on the line on Sundays also. I kinda thought. Hey if I show them I am serious about it and will do Sundays then maybe I can work my way into a permanent spot. I guess we will see.

Well, you could always just show up with a fistful of cash and buy your way onto the main line. I know I've been passed over many, many times....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts