1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I’d be open to trading absolutely. I kinda have buyers remorse (maybe I’m overthinking it) because I’m not sure if I overpaid for the gun? I bought it as an investment and didn’t do enough research. I heard DLO guns are some of the best on the market, but this one is Israeli marked and now I fear it’s not as desirable because of the Israeli markings and it’s chambered in 8MM? And that’s why I got a good price? Do y’all think it will retain its value and how hard would it be to sale it in the future? Thanks in advance. I’m learning
You didn't pay too much. At worst you paid too much too soon and it will even out eventually. Machine guns shouldnt be looked at as investments. The doubling and tripling in price over the last 30 years is not going to happen again. Buy a machine gun because you want one. The 8mm barrel doesnt mean anything. The Izzy mods to the LSP, Topcover, etc are bonuses for someone looking for a 1919 to shoot .308, and those parts work just as well for .30-06.

Enjoy your gun, Morphy's is pretty quick to get the items transferred out, I'm patiently waiting for the Vickers from the same auction :)

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
The RSP is the "machine gun" made by DLO. It may have been bought as just the RSP and assembled by anyone.

You'll need a FOIA to know for sure.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
On another note, I’m considering reverting this back to original USGI, such as getting rid of the Israeli markings ( “U” and “7.62” ) and filling in the hole on the left side. Who is capable of doing this professionally? And how much would that run? Thanks
Seems kinda silly and would be money you'll never get back. You may as well sell it and buy the one you want.
There is also bondo and spray paint....

contact - Ravenna Armory

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I've done a number of this type of rebuild. Its a full teardown and re rivet. I fill the extra hole with a rivet and it blends in pretty seamlessly. Depending on the 7.62 markings, they feather out pretty easy .

If you want to go full 30.06 and have the 30.06 trunion and bracket, I'd reccomend just swapping the kit over entirely.

Figure 500 on the rebuild plus return shipping

There you go! Add $2K for a full 3006 kit then have your receiving dealer send it to Ravenna Armory to have the work done while you are waiting on your form 4 to be approved. By the time your Form 4 is approved you'll have what you want.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Thank you for the info! To be clear, my Israeli marked DLO won’t shoot 30-06 as it is right now? It came with a 30-06 barrel and lots of 30-06 ammo. And from what I gather on here it seemed replacing the barrel and appropriate cartridge feeders was all I needed to switch calibers? Thanks
Your gun will shoot 30-06 no problem. If you want it to look US GI, you need a new LSP and trunnion.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
LSP?

Also, the 30-06 barrel it came with is an a6 barrel. Will that work on an a4? Do I need anything else besides the 30-06 booster?
Left side plate. I think the A4 needs a different barrel and shroud. I believe A6 is shorter. I'm not completely sure, I've never had an IZZY A6, they may use A4 parts.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
It arrived last week! All paper work is signed and I paid the tax stamp yesterday.
With the ATFs updated e-form process they are saying wait times should go down to 4 months. I hope that becomes reality.
I’m about to buy some more accessories and some .308 ammo. I saw on sgammo.com they had some wolf steel case at $300 for 580 rds.
Very Cool. They haven't even shipped my gun yet. When you first get the gun, I'd stick with good brass American .308 ammo. That way if there are any issues, you'll know its not the ammo. Once it runs like a watch with LC, then switch to the underpowered dirty ammo.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Roger that. Also I have a question. I ordered a NOS Israeli 7.62 barrel today and my 1919a4 came with the correct booster. My question is which spacers do I need?
Here is a pic of my 1919a4 trunnion. Currently it has the 8MM barrel and 8MM front cartridge stop. I found front and rear spacers here. Do I need to order both front and rear?

Looks like you just need the front .308 spacer and a trunnion protector.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts