1919 A4 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I’ve been searching online for any DLO examples remanufactured using an Israeli parts kit, and I can’t find anything. Have y’all ever seen one like mine before on here? Morphys said DLO made it and after inspecting it, it looks like it it’s in superb condition. Hardly ever fired and the parts are excellent. It’s like new. Just wondering if I have an anomaly

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Ramo is set up like yours. 7.62 bolt etc. Mine came with 3 calibers. 30-06, 308, and 8mm. To change calibers all I needed was to switch barrels, and use the two spacers, front and rear for 308. No spacer for 30-06 and a front spacer for 8mm. They all ran flawlessly with the same booster as on your gun. A little slower in 308. I use cloth belts. To use 308 links you may have to change top covers for one with a 308 belt feed pawl.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
You did just fine so relax and enjoy it. As you have already found out we have a bunch of folks here willing to help and answer questions so you will find everything you need to have a blast with your new toy.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Toolmanm203 said it right as well, the guys around here are tremendously helpful and generous with their time and knowledge. This is the right place to be for a new owner, hands down.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I’ve been searching online for any DLO examples remanufactured using an Israeli parts kit, and I can’t find anything. Have y’all ever seen one like mine before on here? Morphys said DLO made it and after inspecting it, it looks like it it’s in superb condition. Hardly ever fired and the parts are excellent. It’s like new. Just wondering if I have an anomaly
I wouldn’t say you have an anomaly. While I don’t know Doug personally from what I understand he did build 1919s using Israeli kits. Maybe it just depended on what kits he had on hand when assembling his plate guns I’m not sure. But they are out there in the 7.62 X 51 configuration. I know where 2 of them are not counting yours.

As others noted ya did good On your purchase. Enjoy this site, I certainly have and I’m new to the 1919s as well.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
I wouldn’t say you have an anomaly. While I don’t know Doug personally from what I understand he did build 1919s using Israeli kits. Maybe it just depended on what kits he had on hand when assembling his plate guns I’m not sure. But they are out there in the 7.62 X 51 configuration. I know where 2 of them are not counting yours.

As others noted ya did good On your purchase. Enjoy this site, I certainly have and I’m new to the 1919s as well.
Thanks Mark. A couple guys from here PMed me and said it was built by Doug because of his distinct rivets.

On another note, I’m considering reverting this back to original USGI, such as getting rid of the Israeli markings ( “U” and “7.62” ) and filling in the hole on the left side. Who is capable of doing this professionally? And how much would that run? Thanks

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
On another note, I’m considering reverting this back to original USGI, such as getting rid of the Israeli markings ( “U” and “7.62” ) and filling in the hole on the left side. Who is capable of doing this professionally? And how much would that run? Thanks
Seems kinda silly and would be money you'll never get back. You may as well sell it and buy the one you want.
There is also bondo and spray paint....

contact - Ravenna Armory

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Thanks Mark. A couple guys from here PMed me and said it was built by Doug because of his district rivets.

There would be no good reason to do this it would probably devalue the gun, the trunion would still be 7.62 and the repairs would probably show.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've done a number of this type of rebuild. Its a full teardown and re rivet. I fill the extra hole with a rivet and it blends in pretty seamlessly. Depending on the 7.62 markings, they feather out pretty easy .

If you want to go full 30.06 and have the 30.06 trunion and bracket, I'd reccomend just swapping the kit over entirely.

Figure 500 on the rebuild plus return shipping

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
I've done a number of this type of rebuild. Its a full teardown and re rivet. I fill the extra hole with a rivet and it blends in pretty seamlessly. Depending on the 7.62 markings, they feather out pretty easy .

If you want to go full 30.06 and have the 30.06 trunion and bracket, I'd reccomend just swapping the kit over entirely.

There you go! Add $2K for a full 3006 kit then have your receiving dealer send it to Ravenna Armory to have the work done while you are waiting on your form 4 to be approved. By the time your Form 4 is approved you'll have what you want.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

Thank you for the info! To be clear, my Israeli marked DLO won’t shoot 30-06 as it is right now? It came with a 30-06 barrel and lots of 30-06 ammo. And from what I gather on here it seemed replacing the barrel and appropriate cartridge feeders was all I needed to switch calibers? Thanks

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Thank you for the info! To be clear, my Israeli marked DLO won’t shoot 30-06 as it is right now? It came with a 30-06 barrel and lots of 30-06 ammo. And from what I gather on here it seemed replacing the barrel and appropriate cartridge feeders was all I needed to switch calibers? Thanks
Your gun will shoot 30-06 no problem. If you want it to look US GI, you need a new LSP and trunnion.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
LSP?

Also, the 30-06 barrel it came with is an a6 barrel. Will that work on an a4? Do I need anything else besides the 30-06 booster?
There is a wealth of information on this site covering every aspect of the beltfed Brownings. There are many threads covering in detail the differences between A4 and A6, .308 and 30/06. I would suggest spending a few hours with the search bar learning about the weapon you have purchased.

Also here is a great video on function.

·
BeltFed GURU
4,452 Posts
Mattg203,
As is your gun will shoot 8 mm as set up coming to you in cloth belts Or Izzy metal links !
Remove the left side cartridges front guide by pulling the retention pawl pin on the bracket (careful the pawl is spring loaded !) . With it removed in the front you should have a cylindrical pin in the front of the right side plate that was covered by the front guide , this is the front 30 06 cartridge stop .

With the 30 06 stop in place and the Izzy RSP rear stop all you need is a 30 06 barrel screwed into the barrel extension and Head spaced correctly , the full booster assembly installed (hole should measure about .718" ) in place of the flash hider and it will run 30 06 just fine in cloth belts , Izzy links or US 30 06 links !!

Eek i forgot the booster question from the auction pics you have a 2 piece booster on the side and one orifice plug extra , the one installed in the booster is i believe the 30 06 and the separate one is 8mm , get a 7.62 X 51 plug .......

You can shoot 7.62 X 51 by installing a Izzy front and rear cartridge guide , 7.62 booster plug and a 7.62 X 51 (308) barrel in cloth belts or Izzy links not US 30 06 links !!

Member BarrelXchange offers conversions for 7.62 X 54 Russian but it requires modification to the top cover and i believe the extractor ,barrel extension and reworking a 7.62 X 51 Barrel chamber , using cloth belts or Izzy links !!
He also offers a 7.62 X 39 mm conversion using propitiatory plastic links ( this one i do not believe requires top cover or extractor/barrel extension, booster plug maybe modifications !) .

All these caliber changes are only possible with an Izzy bolt ,not a US GI bolt !!!

So you see your gun can run 5 different calibers , 7.62 X 51 , 30 06 ,8mm , 7.62 X 39 ( i am fair sure ) with only a barrel swap , guide and booster plug changes without modifying the basic parts other than the guides !!
And 7.62 X 54 Russian with top cover/extractor/barrel extension/booster plug and 7.62 X51 Barrel modifications !

As far as the A6 barrel/shroud your gun comes with the Izzy bipod so the barrel should fit with no issue because the barrel is fitted for the standard shroud length of any A4 the Izzy`s got their hands on ,they kept the same GI A4 shroud length ! The GI A6 shroud ( the portion with holes ) is not the same length as a standard A4 because it was designed for only the far front fixed position bipod and needs the bipod bearing piece to accommodate the pod`s collar si it fits the booster/barrel`s standard length ... The A6 barrel is contured to reduce weight and up the rate of fire a bit .... The Izzy pod is adjustable along the shroud where ever you want it ,just pull the pin down and slide to the next cooling hole , it is a great design innovation over the GI type as far as i am concerned ......

Muddy enough for ya :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ?

41 - 60 of 72 Posts