1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just joined the 1919a4 forum. Some of you guys that use some of the other forums might know me. I usually stick around falfiles (instr8), AKfiles, Arfcom, gunco, 1911forums, and AKforums.net.

Most of my "gun" time over the last few years has been spent building FAL's, AK's, AR's, and a 1911 that almost drove me insane. While I like my bench rifles, military weapons are where my heart is. I have been shooting and collecting guns for the last 23 years. I have been building and refinishing my own for the last two. I have pleased myself with the new skill I have learned, so I really don't think the 1919 will pose any major problems as long as I understand that it's not like any others I own and if I take my time and learn thecorrect way.

While 1919's are not a stranger to me, I am sort of a stranger to them. My wife and I purchased a DLO RSP gun in 1995. Last year, I bought a 1919 parts kit that I will eventually get built into a semi. Our sideplate gun has a grand total of less than 500 rounds through it. I figure that It's about time that I get the old girl out and have some fun with her. I have actually spentmore time cleaning and caring for her over the years than I have shooting her.

Having never even taken her apart. I thought I would spend the next few days reading some of the stickys and tutorials on HS'ing, disassembly, and maintanence and such before I do much with her. I would like to know how she works before I shoot her again. So I may have a few questions, so if you gentlemen would indulge me, I would be most greatful.

We are planing on going to a shoot in September. I would like to be up to date on my 1919 knowledge by then.

·
Rangemaster
2,503 Posts
Morning Wood,

Welcome to the board! Congrats on being "one of the few"! F/A's are a wonderful thing to be able to own, and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm jealous, being from Illinois.

That being said, You'll find some WONDERFUL tutorials on the homepage here. Loboslanding has gone the extra mile to run through the basics and safety steps for complete disassembly and tuning these weapons. There is also a forum dedicated to Class-III weapons, if you should find more information is needed. (I don't recall a "timing" section, as those toot's are generally set up for the semi's that don't need to be timed).

I'm sure with your experience level, you'll fall right in. Be prepared, though... Your knowledge will be one of those things that will carry you into the "RKI" group in a hurry!

Again, WELCOME!

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Morning Wood it sounds like you will be an asset to this board over time - welcome to the group.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts