1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined the 1919a4 forum. Some of you guys that use some of the other forums might know me. I usually stick around falfiles (instr8), AKfiles, Arfcom, gunco, 1911forums, and AKforums.net.

Most of my "gun" time over the last few years has been spent building FAL's, AK's, AR's, and a 1911 that almost drove me insane. While I like my bench rifles, military weapons are where my heart is. I have been shooting and collecting guns for the last 23 years. I have been building and refinishing my own for the last two. I have pleased myself with the new skill I have learned, so I really don't think the 1919 will pose any major problems as long as I understand that it's not like any others I own and if I take my time and learn thecorrect way.

While 1919's are not a stranger to me, I am sort of a stranger to them. My wife and I purchased a DLO RSP gun in 1995. Last year, I bought a 1919 parts kit that I will eventually get built into a semi. Our sideplate gun has a grand total of less than 500 rounds through it. I figure that It's about time that I get the old girl out and have some fun with her. I have actually spentmore time cleaning and caring for her over the years than I have shooting her.

Having never even taken her apart. I thought I would spend the next few days reading some of the stickys and tutorials on HS'ing, disassembly, and maintanence and such before I do much with her. I would like to know how she works before I shoot her again. So I may have a few questions, so if you gentlemen would indulge me, I would be most greatful.

We are planing on going to a shoot in September. I would like to be up to date on my 1919 knowledge by then.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.