1919 A4 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
It is true most US made Ammo was non-corrosive after 1954 with some lots made up to 1957. Anything made after that time would probably be non-corrosive. As far as I know during WWII the only non-corrosive ammo made was for the M1 Carbine. I hear some British ammo is coming into the country in 30-06 Cal. England continued to make mercuric and corrosive ammo after most western nations stoped at least in .303 and probably 30-06. I understand you can't (or shouldn't) reload this stuff. I have been using some Korean and some FN produced 30-06 and have had no problem with either. I have been told that as tracer ammo ages it will fail to trace much of the time. I have not had that much experience with it to know. What luck is everyone else having? I always clean my guns as if they had fired corrosvie ammo just in case. In the military that meant clean the first day until there is no carbon left on the patches, then clean again for two days after. this might be overdoing it but I have never ruined a barrel.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.