1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find a 30-06 front cartridge stop?

I am converting a Izzy kit to 30-06.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
If the gun is not build yet ... it should come in the rivet kit.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
I believe KMP still sells these as a separate item. Not sure if MSG does, but it is part of his rivet kit, as GUNNER 50 notes.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
I just purchased rivet kits from MSG. So his rivet kits should have it included?
Yes, you are set. The front right stop should be installed in all 1917/1919 Brownings, but some builders of the Izzy 308 kits in the past have not installed it. As the Israeli 308 spacer which fits around it is also aligned and secured in the left side belt holding pawl bracket, the front right stop was sometimes left out as a short cut for some builders. But the part is so easy to install, it never made sense to me to NOT put it in. In any case, you will find it is included in MSG's rivet sets.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, you are set. The front right stop should be installed in all 1917/1919 Brownings, but some builders of the Izzy 308 kits in the past have not installed it. As the Israeli 308 spacer which fits around it is also aligned and secured in the left side belt holding pawl bracket, the front right stop was sometimes left out as a short cut for some builders. But the part is so easy to install, it never made sense to me to NOT put it in. In any case, you will find it is included in MSG's rivet sets.
Cool thank you. Learning the ropes.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have some. Pm me

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,091 Posts
Just remember that short round stop is for 30-06 only. It is not compatible with the Israeli 308 cartridge spacer. But sometime soon I'll have the fix for that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only going to shoot 30-06. So I should be good.

Thank you to everyone for all the good information. I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
Leave it to Lucky13 to come up with a shorter short round stop.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Toolmanm203,
Lucky#13 is always making a short stop somewhere isn’t he? That’s all he does at the creek! Lol
CaptMax

Reactions: Lucky#13
1 - 15 of 15 Posts