1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Love it (y) I was toying with the idea of mounting one on mine but I sold my weasel last year because I had no time for it but yours looks great and they are a blast to drive.

·
PhD in Over-Engineering
12,161 Posts
Well done. I am guessing that finding a passenger to mind the 1919 will not be too hard!

Reactions: Snipersps700

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not yet. If I drive and a buddy shoots i think the blast will be a bet much. Been blessed with rain for the weekend.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Nice M-29. If it's a 29C, why don't you have the floatation tanks on it? I had one 20+ years ago. Restored it and sold it to a guy who had several of them. I'm in Sacramento and a lot of the rice farmers that were located just outside of town and in neighboring counties bought them up after the war to use for planting rice. By the 80's they were relegated to the junk heap on the edge of farms. I got a lot of parts including engines and spare tracks by offering to haul them away for free. Fun to play with, but I only had the nerve to put it in water deep enough to sink it once. The rest of the time was dry land driving only.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice M-29. If it's a 29C, why don't you have the floatation tanks on it? I had one 20+ years ago. Restored it and sold it to a guy who had several of them. I'm in Sacramento and a lot of the rice farmers that were located just outside of town and in neighboring counties bought them up after the war to use for planting rice. By the 80's they were relegated to the junk heap on the edge of farms. I got a lot of parts including engines and spare tracks by offering to haul them away for free. Fun to play with, but I only had the nerve to put it in water deep enough to sink it once. The rest of the time was dry land driving only.
Its marked C model. You can see the front and back where the float tanks would bolt up. Also the skirt hangers (only one left on both sides). It had Norwegian driving info on the area above the steering sticks. I am like you that going in water is not my idea of fun. I will sick with land whether snow or dry summer. Wish I had extra tracks, but I dont think I will out run the ones on the weasel. I did a link repair by replacing the outer bands with the steel links using SS bolts. I have yet to break them in. I am trying to get the engine to run cooler, 220* is to hot. I will need to up the electric fan to 2500CFM and I would think more air more cooling. I did up grade the engine to a '72 chevy 6 with a powerglide trans.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took the grand kids for a jaunt around the property while they hang onto the 1919.
I did shoot the gun off the Weasel but the bulk head that the mount bolts to will need some bracing.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Ah...yes...the Studebaker rides again..!! The last one made is in a military museum in South Bend,IN,the home of the Studebaker collection. Have had several Studebaker's but never had the chance to buy a Weasel.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Well done brother what grand kid would not enjoy that? It looks and sounds like it is running very nicely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts