1919 A4 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
Looks like they are getting closer (y) Thanks for the update pictures. I had to laugh when I saw the egg trays because I use those for small parts also.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
They got moly treated yesterday and the first 20 should be going out this week. Joe was sick for a few days last week and couldn't even get out of bed.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
They got moly treated yesterday and the first 20 should be going out this week. Joe was sick for a few days last week and couldn't even get out of bed.
I hope he didn't get the kung flu? Thanks for the update I am sure guys are anxious to put these to use.

·
Premium Member
8,244 Posts
I got mine a couple of days ago and I will say both the fit and finish are top notch! Thanks for tackling this run, I am sure it will help a lot of the members here. I haven't tried them yet but after close inspection, I have no concerns about them functioning perfectly.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Received my 2-Sets today. A+ Job . Thanks for the updates and Tracking info. Very satisfied. Now cant wait to get Belting. Thank you all Ken , Joe & Russ . For making it happen.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Received my 2 sets as well. Thank you so much for putting this together! I told your brother thank you as well. So glad that there are still true craftsmen out there willing to do small runs like this to help a small community out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
So, this is in no way a ***** only my observations which I'll email Joe about as I installed my parts tonight and ran my belt loader, which ran fantastic. However-
The pushers shoulder bolt bottoms out on the cam linkage as a result of the counterbore being too deep (shoulder should bottom out leaving several thousandths space and not allow the bolt to tighten on the linkage). Not a gigantic deal as I left it loose for the time being and to fix it I'll add a washer to it to leave the space necessary to allow for the bolt to be properly torqued. I double checked and it's not the same as the original, so no chance to use that. Not a huge deal, but I didn't want someone unknowingly to tighten down and then break something, which could happen. Super happy with all the rest of the fit, finish, etc. Beautiful parts otherwise. Not sure if anyone else had the same problem? Guessing it's all the same program, but you never know. I'm known for getting the defective part if anyone's going to......thanks again OP for making this happen.

Troy

·
Registered
79 Posts
So, this is in no way a * only my observations which I'll email Joe about as I installed my parts tonight and ran my belt loader, which ran fantastic. However-
The pushers shoulder bolt bottoms out on the cam linkage as a result of the counterbore being too deep (shoulder should bottom out leaving several thousandths space and not allow the bolt to tighten on the linkage). Not a gigantic deal as I left it loose for the time being and to fix it I'll add a washer to it to leave the space necessary to allow for the bolt to be properly torqued. I double checked and it's not the same as the original, so no chance to use that. Not a huge deal, but I didn't want someone unknowingly to tighten down and then break something, which could happen. Super happy with all the rest of the fit, finish, etc. Beautiful parts otherwise. Not sure if anyone else had the same problem? Guessing it's all the same program, but you never know. I'm known for getting the defective part if anyone's going to......thanks again OP for making this happen.

Troy
Any chance you can post pics of what you're talking about? I plan to put my set on a loader this week. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So, this is in no way a * only my observations which I'll email Joe about as I installed my parts tonight and ran my belt loader, which ran fantastic. However-

Troy

The simple solution would be to put a drop of blue loctite on the threads and screw it in to your desired depth, then let the loctite set. You can also use an allen set screw to control the depth.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts