1919 A4 Forums banner

121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #121 (Edited)
Great job Andy :thumbup: Keep up the good work brother. It looks like you are getting close have you figured out what's next when it is done?
I'm actually making plans for a 12 guage Gatling gun. :lol: I think that will be easier than this.
At least it will be a design of my own, and not trying to copy something. But that is years away for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
I'm actually making plans for a 12 guage Gatling gun. :lol: I think that will be easier than this.
At least it will be a design of my own, and not trying to copy something. But that is years away for sure.
Andy you say years but I have a feeling we will be seeing pictures on it in about 8 months and I know you already have sketches and are making plans for it lol so say what you want but you are like me brother you don't sit idle :tongue:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Worked on the elevation linkages, knob, and fire plunger. My blueprints are incomplete, so I'm not sure what angle this is supposed to be mounted. Best I can do is guess by looking at photos. I may be a little high. Opinions from those who know?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #124 (Edited)
It has been a while since I worked on the build, much less post any updates.
During this past fall, the shop I was storing it in was damaged during the hurricanes, and it got wet. Now it has rust. I began to feel bad about not working on it, so I decided to do something "simple" to get the ball rolling again.

I decided I would make the two part cleaning rod. I ran across some free poles.....pine, but about the right size. So I set about making the threaded ends to join the two halves. The center section is threaded 1/2 NC. The other ends are 5/16NF to accept some 40mm brushes and mops that I found.
Cleaning rod (3).JPG
Cleaning rod (1).JPG
Cleaning rod (4).JPG
Cleaning rod (2).JPG

Since I had the rod made, I figured I needed the loop and clamp to hold them to the trail. I could not find the blueprints for those in my collection, so I had to go by photos, and measurements taken from a real gun. Many thanks to K. Winget.

Cleaning rod (7).jpg
Cleaning rod (5).JPG

Cleaning rod (6).JPG
Cleaning rod (8).jpg

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
The rings were simple. Not real hard or time consuming, so no pics pre-installation unless requested.
Here are the cleaning rod attachments and cleaning rods in place on the now rusty trails.

37mm atg (3).JPG

37mm atg (4).JPG

37mm atg (2).JPG

37mm atg (1).JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everybody, I'm a new member from Belgium, can someone help with some parts of a wc55 ,I'm looking for the clamps of the cleaning rods,
it may be pictures, measurements or drawings. That would be aweson, thanks, Oliver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It has been a while since I worked on the build, much less post any updates.
During this past fall, the shop I was storing it in was damaged during the hurricanes, and it got wet. Now it has rust. I began to feel bad about not working on it, so I decided to do something "simple" to get the ball rolling again.

I decided I would make the two part cleaning rod. I ran across some free poles.....pine, but about the right size. So I set about making the threaded ends to join the two halves. The center section is threaded 1/2 NC. The other ends are 5/16NF to accept some 40mm brushes and mops that I found.
View attachment 88463
View attachment 88459
View attachment 88465
View attachment 88461

Since I had the rod made, I figured I needed the loop and clamp to hold them to the trail. I could not find the blueprints for those in my collection, so I had to go by photos, and measurements taken from a real gun. Many thanks to K. Winget.

View attachment 88467
View attachment 88469

View attachment 88473
View attachment 88475
Hi Sir, can you take contact with me about the clamps for the cleaning rods. hanks, Oliver.([email protected])

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Well after a long Hiatus, I’ve begun work on my pseudo 37mm again. Covid restrictions have provided some much needed down time to do some personal projects.
I’ve completely remodeled the house, and rebuilt the engine in my ‘43 Willys MB.
Also been machining on the pseudo gun parts.
This was a 10.25 diameter piece of round stock. Had to cut it down.

After a few hours of cutting.

Boring on the lathe

Pseudo breech ring bored, threaded, and rough shaped. “T” slot rough cut

Reactions: Eyes Of Death

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I had to take a break from the breech ring.
Decided to make something small like the sight mount.

For those unfamiliar with the sight mount, notice the three bolts under the bottom.
The front bolt acts as a pivot point.
The rear bolt is an eccentric bolt that adjusts the windage.
The middle bolt locks it in place once the sights are set.
I went ahead and made those parts functional.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

More updates later

·
Registered
611 Posts
Sorry to hear about the storm damage but it looks like you have made some major accomplishments to the project. With your skills it wont be long.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That 37mm is going to look awesome when finished. I think a lot of us would like to have one of those behind our WW2 vehichles!

121 - 135 of 135 Posts