1919 A4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son is restoring a 37mm AT gun and is looking for odds and end parts.

When this photo was taken, his barrel was at the machine shop being worked on. It's now home and installed.

He needs the trail lock that holds both trails together for towing and the lock guts to lock the lunette in place. Note the two black arrows.

Next, he's looking for most of the elevation and firing mechanism parts. The next photo show all the parts he has.

He also needs a nice scope and the wing nut that locks the scope onto the mount.

Trail pins that lock the trails into place when firing the gun.

There are a few more items, like the breech ring. scope tool box, tool kit, etc.

If anyone can help Elijah find parts, I would greatly appreciate it! This is the first project he's personally purchased and taken total ownership of and I'd love to see him get it totally finished asap to help him stay focused on other projects.

Please PM me or email me directly @ 11F2BA53-98C6-4DC7-828C-F7CF9382D903.jpeg 0D4E1014-9A5B-4C64-9BD7-59F9441BBD36.jpeg ACBF71DA-BB50-4F29-ABBE-7B714DC2F4CD.jpeg 11CFECE1-CAE1-469E-AF15-C1AFE3DEE4F5.jpeg BF2E18D6-E0CE-4417-A7B2-A2E3E7E6562D.jpeg [email protected]

Thanks, Anthony

·
Premium Member
5,571 Posts
Looks like quite the project for the young man. I will keep my eyes open for you and please keep us posted on his progress.

Reactions: armydukw

·
Registered
446 Posts
My son is restoring a 37mm AT gun and is looking for odds and end parts.

When this photo was taken, his barrel was at the machine shop being worked on. It's now home and installed.
View attachment 100685

He needs the trail lock that holds both trails together for towing and the lock guts to lock the lunette in place. Note the two black arrows.
View attachment 100686

Next, he's looking for most of the elevation and firing mechanism parts. The next photo show all the parts he has.

View attachment 100687

He also needs a nice scope and the wing nut that locks the scope onto the mount.

View attachment 100688

Trail pins that lock the trails into place when firing the gun.

View attachment 100689

There are a few more items, like the breech ring. scope tool box, tool kit, etc.

If anyone can help Elijah find parts, I would greatly appreciate it! This is the first project he's personally purchased and taken total ownership of and I'd love to see him get it totally finished asap to help him stay focused on other projects.

Please PM me or email me directly @ View attachment 100685 View attachment 100686 View attachment 100687 View attachment 100688 View attachment 100689 [email protected]

Thanks, Anthony

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sorry, still trying to figure out how to respond on this new format....:rolleyes: I have an excellent condition scope I will let go for $40 shipped. I will dig it out and send you pics this wknd via pm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, still trying to figure out how to respond on this new format....:rolleyes: I have an excellent condition scope I will let go for $40 shipped. I will dig it out and send you pics this wknd via pm.
Thank you! I will let Elijah know and we are looking forward to seeing the photos!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is he planning on building a shooter or just a display piece?
Frank
Elijah does not want to build a display. He wants to restore the gun back to it’s original condition and test fire it one day soon!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any luck digging the scope out?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not yet, I've been on Dadsitting duty yesterday through noon today. Hope to get around to it when I get home this afternoon.(y)

·
Registered
72 Posts
jon Shoop makes and sells parts for the 37mm M3 gun. Nice guy, he may have some original parts too. He used to have some posts of sight parts for sale on the g503.com forum under the artillery section. If you ever get spare parts you want to sell please post I am always looking for spare parts. I also have posts on g503 Artillery Forum on reloading for the 37mm guns.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You may want to contact Ira at Bigbore.com. I don't have an email address but you should be able to find it on the site? Ira deals primarily with DD stuff and the M3 parts are something he comes across from time to time. Lots of the guns are registered in the US and there are breech rings and stuff out there. Building up a shooter is a great idea and the guns are great fun to shoot. They're a bit heavy compared to the Bofors 37 but they are great guns.

Frank

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jon Shoop makes and sells parts for the 37mm M3 gun. Nice guy, he may have some original parts too. He used to have some posts of sight parts for sale on the g503.com forum under the artillery section. If you ever get spare parts you want to sell please post I am always looking for spare parts. I also have posts on g503 Artillery Forum on reloading for the 37mm guns.
Thanks for the feedback. I contacted Jon the day my son purchased the gun. Jon doesn't have many parts left and he's having a rough time with his health.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey guys, Elijah still needs a scope. It turns out I sold mine 2yrs ago at the Creek. My bad.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't remember what number the scope is for the 37mm. But in outward appearance it is the same as the M18 Recoilless rifle which uses the M86F. You can find the M86F on ebay regularly. There are 3 on there currently with the cheapest at $70.

Steve

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Beautiful! I am so very jealous.
I started building one about 4-5 years ago from scratch using blue prints. That is indeed a labor of love!
Many of those parts are scarce and pricey.
I got my scope off of ebay for about $60 if I recall.

Reactions: armydukw
1 - 20 of 26 Posts